Locales and CSMP settings

Firelogic
Dear gnokii developers and users,

I have some problem sending SMS messages with gnokii-smsd-mysql with hungarian spec characters in it., the program cuts the message at the position of special character.
I turned on debugging mode, and it writes "ucs2_encode/iconv: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character" error message.

I use 0.6.30+dfsg-1.2+b1 version.
MySQL charset and collation are UTF-8, apache charset is also UTF-8.

(sending sms messages from the main gnokii program via ssh console is working perfect)

My locales settings are:

# locale
LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=hu_HU.UTF-8 UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

What should I modify in this system to make it work properly?
Shall I send AT+CSMP=.... AT command before sending the sms? In this case what is the correct value for DCS parameter?

Thanks,
FL Gnokker

Re: Locales and CSMP settings

Jan Derfinak
On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Firelogic wrote:

Hello.

> I have some problem sending SMS messages with gnokii-smsd-mysql with
> hungarian spec characters in it., the program cuts the message at the
> position of special character.
> I turned on debugging mode, and it writes "ucs2_encode/iconv: Invalid or
> incomplete multibyte or wide character" error message.

Hmm. Where to start?
What is locale in your database. When you display messages via mysql command,
are they printed correctly? Do
"select text from outbox;"

in mysql connected to smsd database.

Additionally compile gnokii with xdebug option enabled. This will enable
debug output in smsd.

Jan

smsd --inbox question

Firelogic
Dear members,

I use smsd to query SMS messages on my SIM and download them into an SQL table.

I use these arguments:

smsd --firstpos0 --interval 1 --inbox SM -u XXX -p XXX -d XXX -c XXX -m mysql

So I adjust the memory_type as SM = SIM.

Despite this I can see this in the serial flow:

AT+CPMS="ME"
+CMS ERROR: 303

It queries also from the default SM:  "AT+CPMS?" without any error, (and successfully transfer the messages to the mySQL) but it asks the ME memory type too for some reason.

How could I stop this?
I'd like to avoid this flood of errors.

Re: smsd --inbox question

Firelogic
I've found the solution !!!! :

apt-get remove --purge gnokii

I've asked my previous question more than 1 month ago.. is this support?

Bye..