MMonit feature request: Repeat alerts

Kristopher Linquist
Monit has the ability to repeat alerts every X cycles, but that doesn't get 'bubbled up' to M/Monit.

I have an M/Monit alert set up to post to a slack channel when a hard drive is over 80% capacity, but if I miss that message, it doesn't 'repeat' - I'd like that message to be re-posted to slack every 2 minutes until it's dealt with.

-Kris

Re: MMonit feature request: Repeat alerts

martinp@tildeslash.com
Hello Kris,

M/Monit has currently the "repeat" option for alert action only, we plan to add support for repetition to the "exec" action as well.

Best regards,
Martin

> On 8 Mar 2017, at 20:26, Kris Linquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Monit has the ability to repeat alerts every X cycles, but that doesn't get 'bubbled up' to M/Monit.
>
> I have an M/Monit alert set up to post to a slack channel when a hard drive is over 80% capacity, but if I miss that message, it doesn't 'repeat' - I'd like that message to be re-posted to slack every 2 minutes until it's dealt with.
>
> -Kris

Re: MMonit feature request: Repeat alerts

kris@linquist.com
Perfect, thank you!
-Kris

From: Martin Pala [hidden email]
Reply: This is the general mailing list for monit [hidden email]
Date: March 8, 2017 at 11:29:51 AM
Subject:  Re: MMonit feature request: Repeat alerts