MMonit filtering

David Jones
Demo'ing the product and need to filter out some notifications that go to Slack like the "stopped" and "started".  It's too noisy.  How do these get filtered.  Do I need to write a script to filter what get's pushed to Slack?  That's not a problem, just wanting to see if there was a better/approved way of doing this in the web interface where it would be easier to manage.

Thanks,
Dave

RE: MMonit filtering

Jamie Burchell

Not sure how it integrates with Slack, but I have “instance” events filtered out for email alerts:

https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#Setting-an-event-filter

Kind regards,

Jamie
ib3 Limited
01732 449974

logo

Demo'ing the product and need to filter out some notifications that go to Slack like the "stopped" and "started".  It's too noisy.  How do these get filtered.  Do I need to write a script to filter what get's pushed to Slack?  That's not a problem, just wanting to see if there was a better/approved way of doing this in the web interface where it would be easier to manage.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: MMonit filtering

David Jones
FYI, I found that there are conditions that can be adjusted to filter out the action in the Admin -> Alerts -> Rules.  I didn't notice them at first when I was focused on getting the Slack integration setup.

Demo'ing the product and need to filter out some notifications that go to Slack like the "stopped" and "started".  It's too noisy.  How do these get filtered.  Do I need to write a script to filter what get's pushed to Slack?  That's not a problem, just wanting to see if there was a better/approved way of doing this in the web interface where it would be easier to manage.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: MMonit filtering

Lutz Mader
Hello David,
there is a nice "How-To" to use Slack and M/Monit available, see
https://mmonit.com/wiki/Notification/Notification
or
https://mmonit.com/wiki/MMonit/SlackNotification

Are you aware of this,