MMonit stop error

Guillaume François
Hello,

I'm trying to stop MMonit (the collector app) using command shown in the documentation but I'm always hitting an error:

mmonit@myhost:~$ /usr/share/mmonit/bin/mmonit -d stop
AssertException: Cannot stop the mmonit process (1) -- Operation not permitted
 raised in OS_finalize at src/system/OS.c:209
Aborted

with mmonit start as user "mmonit" with command from another console (in fact System.D):

mmonit@myhost:~$ /usr/share/mmonit/mmonit/bin/mmonit -i

Best regards.

Re: MMonit stop error

Jan-Henrik Haukeland

> On 24 Sep 2020, at 18:38, Guillaume François <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to stop MMonit (the collector app) using command shown in the documentation but I'm always hitting an error:
>
> mmonit@myhost:~$ /usr/share/mmonit/bin/mmonit -d stop
> AssertException: Cannot stop the mmonit process (1) -- Operation not permitted
>  raised in OS_finalize at src/system/OS.c:209
> Aborted
>
> with mmonit start as user "mmonit" with command from another console (in fact System.D):
>
> mmonit@myhost:~$ /usr/share/mmonit/mmonit/bin/mmonit -i
>
> Best regards.

Ah that is a bug. As a workaround until we release a patch, use this command to kill mmonit:

kill -SIGTERM $(cat /usr/share/mmonit/mmonit/logs/mmonit.pid)

Hauk