MODULE_INFO(supported, "external")

Tikka, Sami
Hello!

John, would you like to add the macro in the subject to the dazuko Linux
sources? Apparently it would prevent the printing of "Module not supported by
SUSE/Novell. Kernel tainted" message on SUSE (and possibly others).

If you do not feel it is appropriate to add the macro, I think I will add it
to the dazuko sources we ship with our application. If I do that, do you feel
I should change MODULE_AUTHOR to point to our customer support instead of
[hidden email] that it says currently?

--
Sami Tikka                tel. +358 9 2520 5115
senior software engineer  fax. +358 9 2520 5014

Re: MODULE_INFO(supported, "external")

John Ogness
Tikka, Sami wrote:
> John, would you like to add the macro in the subject to the dazuko Linux
> sources? Apparently it would prevent the printing of "Module not supported by
> SUSE/Novell. Kernel tainted" message on SUSE (and possibly others).

I will send email to our SuSE contact asking about this.

> If you do not feel it is appropriate to add the macro, I think I will add it
> to the dazuko sources we ship with our application. If I do that, do you feel
> I should change MODULE_AUTHOR to point to our customer support instead of
> [hidden email] that it says currently?

You may change the source as you wish as long as the copyright information
is intact and documented in your distribution.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer