Mac os x 10.5, Planner and emacs 22.x

Gianpaolo Serafini
Hi,

I' using planner on  a windows pc running emacs 21.3 and planner version 2005.08.20-17.59-stable (by Sacha Chua). Now I've changed system: Mac whith OSx Leopard. On this system seems running only Emacs 22.x Now I'running Emacs 22.2.5 (Carbon Emacs) and I am not able to run correctly planner. I tried whit different planner versions (3.41, 3.42). When I type M-x plan I get the following error:

font-lock-set-defaults: Wrong type argument: symbolp, (quote beginning-of-line)

I have found some 2207 posts try to solve this problem, simply removing the ' char at line 1075 of planner.el. But in my case doesn't wok!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gianpaolo

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l'home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina

Re: Mac os x 10.5, Planner and emacs 22.x

Gianpaolo Serafini
Ok... I've just start again using last version of planner,muse and remeber and now is (quite) working. I have only one question (for the moment..).
On the "Guide to Planner" I found the warning that all files inside directory ~Plans "must have a .muse extension". Actually my plan files are without this extentioin. Do you think that if I just add the extention to all my files I will get a correct "data migration" from previuos version?

Thanks a lot

Guanpaolo

[...]

Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina

Re: Mac os x 10.5, Planner and emacs 22.x

mhoenicka
Gianpaolo Serafini writes:
 > Ok... I've just start again using last version of planner,muse and remeber and now is (quite) working. I have only one question (for the moment..).
 > On the "Guide to Planner" I found the warning that all files inside directory ~Plans "must have a .muse extension". Actually my plan files are without this extentioin. Do you think that if I just add the extention to all my files I will get a correct "data migration" from previuos version?

Muse offers an option to change or drop the file suffix... but you can
rename them as well with a single shell command. I did just that and
it worked fine.

If your previous planner version still used Emacs Wiki instead of Muse
as its base, there are probably a few additional pitfalls. I've
migrated an Emacs Wiki based planner setup a few months ago. The
format of the backlinks line has changed in a subtle way, and CamelCase is
no longer automatically recognized as a link.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
[hidden email]

Re: Mac os x 10.5, Planner and emacs 22.x

Gianpaolo Serafini
Thanks MArkus. I just realized that Emacs-Wiki->Emacs-Muse migration  it's not a hot issue, because Muse has been introduced some years ago. So what I did yesterday was download Emacs-Mise manuale and I've started to read it! That just to avoid to post basic questions. Well, really I have one more.... When I was using Emacs-Wiki pressing C-c C-a I got the "project" list only, whitout the day pages. Moreover publishing on HTML (C-c C-p)  I got the project list in the first part of the HTML doc while the day pages where placed in the send part. Now using Emacs_Muse pressing C-c C-a I get the entire list of *.musefiles in Plans dir and when I publish on HTML I get as well the complet list without any filter. Do I have a little clue about this?

best regards,
Gianpaolo