Messaging and multiple devices registered to the same account
I use the messaging feature of Linphone a lot, and I have my clients
on my laptop (GNU/Linux & Qt) and smartphone (Android) both registered
to the same account at sip.linphone.org. Whenever a message is sent
to that account, the entire Linphone system (perhaps including some
servers) seemingly tries to both of my devices. However, that is not
- Sometimes, a message get delivered to only one of them when it is
sent, only to be delivered a lot later to the other. -
- Re-registering myself on my phone app sometimes makes the messages
not yet delivered to my phone be delivered, but not always.
- Even when my laptop is hibernated, and my phone is on the Internet,
messages sometimes get delivered to my laptop (which show up when I
turn it on) and not to my phone.
Given these, my questions are:
(1) How does Linphone handle messages that are sent to a sip address
at sip.linphone.org to which multiple clients are registered?
(2) What can I do to make sure that messages get delivered to the
device that I am actually seeing?