Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

Jeff Moon
Matt Welland and I are porting some existing code to chicken 5.  We ran into some eggs that we are using that we would like in chicken 5:

csv-xml
If any of the authors are on the list, feel free to take those changes and do as you see fit with them.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

Peter Bex
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 04:49:34PM -0700, Jeff Moon wrote:
> Matt Welland and I are porting some existing code to chicken 5.  We ran
> into some eggs that we are using that we would like in chicken 5:
>
> csv-xml
> crypt

Hi Jeff,

I'll give porting crypt a shot this weekend.  The build is rather custom
which can complicate things a bit.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

Peter Bex
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 11:46:31PM -0700, Jeff Moon wrote:
> Update: We'll be updating the dbi repo.  What do we need to do to get it
> recognized by the chicken 5 eggs system?

Same as for CHICKEN 4: send a message to the list with the release-info
file and someone can add it to the coop.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

felix.winkelmann
> Matt Welland and I are porting some existing code to chicken 5.  We ran
> into some eggs that we are using that we would like in chicken 5:
>
> csv-xml
> crypt
>
> We also needed the autload, pathname-expand and dbi eggs.
> The diff for pathname-expand egg is here:
> http://kiatoa.com/cgi-bin/fossils/megatest/vdiff?from=e6be7bbc9f5d29fb&to=2f7180aa77bfca2f
> The diff for autoload egg is here:
> http://kiatoa.com/cgi-bin/fossils/megatest/vdiff?from=80e66f4369f704fa&to=37f61c54aee37740
> The diff for dbi is here:
> http://kiatoa.com/cgi-bin/fossils/megatest/vdiff?from=2f7180aa77bfca2f&to=80e66f4369f704fa
> If any of the authors are on the list, feel free to take those changes and
> do as you see fit with them.

I have applied your patches for pathname-expand, thanks for
providing it.

felix

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

Peter Bex
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 09:02:10AM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> I'll give porting crypt a shot this weekend.  The build is rather custom
> which can complicate things a bit.

Hi again,

I've ported the egg.  It should be available as version 1.0 of
crypt.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

Jeff Moon
crypt egg helped a ton.  Thank you for that.  I'm also running into a missing "sparse-vectors" egg.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 10:33 AM Peter Bex <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 09:02:10AM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> I'll give porting crypt a shot this weekend.  The build is rather custom
> which can complicate things a bit.

Hi again,

I've ported the egg.  It should be available as version 1.0 of
crypt.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

felix.winkelmann
> crypt egg helped a ton.  Thank you for that.  I'm also running into a
> missing "sparse-vectors" egg.

Should be available any moment.

felix

Re: Missing Eggs in Chicken 5

Jeff Moon
Also seeing that the mysql-client egg is missing.