Monit DNS check response

David Jones
Does monit have the ability to check a DNS server for a specific response?  I have a need to check a local DNS server and if it becomes unhealthy, shutdown the bgpd service to send DNS traffic to a different data center.

Something like this?

check host nstest.example.com with address 127.0.0.1
    if failed port 53
        use type udp protocol dns
        content = "1.2.3.4"
    then exec "/bin/systemctl stop bgpd"
    else if succeeded then exec "/bin/systemctl start bgpd"

I already have an A record for "nstest" with a value of 1.2.3.4.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Monit DNS check response

martinp@tildeslash.com
Hi,

the implementation of extended DNS protocol test with custom queries is in progress.

Best regards,
Martin