Monit Output

Lorne Wanamaker
Hi,

Trying to find some documentation on Monit output. What i would like to do is have our client portal fetch monit output and than graph it so it is visible in the clients service area.

Specifically load, ram, cpu, and disk use.

Anybody know the best way to accomplish this, or a doc on it?

Thanks,
Lorne

Re: Monit Output

Tino Hendricks
Howdy!

I don’t think monit is a good tool for that. Which doesn’t mean you can’t accomplish it that way but I guess it’s unnecessary hard.

I’m using a cron job for the output of
/bin/head -n 1 /proc/stat (for load)
and so on
and feed it to e.g. rrdtool for graphical representation.

Tino

> Am 11.02.2017 um 12:09 schrieb Lorne Wanamaker <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Trying to find some documentation on Monit output. What i would like to do is have our client portal fetch monit output and than graph it so it is visible in the clients service area.
>
> Specifically load, ram, cpu, and disk use.
>
> Anybody know the best way to accomplish this, or a doc on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Lorne

Re: Monit Output

Szépe Viktor
Hello!

You may parse Monit's XML output:

http://user:pass@localhost:2812/_status?format=xml

It would nice to have it in the documentation:
https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#MONIT-HTTPD

Idézem/Quoting Lorne Wanamaker <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to find some documentation on Monit output. What i would like to do
> is have our client portal fetch monit output and than graph it so it is
> visible in the clients service area.
>
> Specifically load, ram, cpu, and disk use.
>
> Anybody know the best way to accomplish this, or a doc on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Lorne

SZÉPE Viktor
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
+36-20-4242498  [hidden email]  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület

RE: Monit Output

Smith, Graham - Computing Technical Officer

Hi Lorne,

A dirty hack if you just want output in raw html, you could leverage a few command

line utilities like such as ccze to colourise output and aha to wrap that in html.

Something like this:

monit status servername | egrep ‘load|memory’ | ccze | aha > /vaw/www/html/servername.html

And then just run that on a cron every 5 minutes or whatever you need.

It’s not a graph per se but it’s quick and easy and you can use stylesheets with aha.

Although the xml output as already mentioned looks like a better place to start for a

full graphical output. You’d probably need to feed that data into something like rrdtool:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

or Grafana which is very popular at the moment:

http://grafana.org/

Graham

_____________________________________
Graham Smith
Technical Officer
Department of Computing
Institute of Technology Tallaght
Tallaght
Dublin 24
Ireland

Trying to find some documentation on Monit output. What i would like to do is have our client portal fetch monit output and than graph it so it is visible in the clients service area.

Specifically load, ram, cpu, and disk use.

Anybody know the best way to accomplish this, or a doc on it?

Thanks,

Lorne

The contents and any attachment of this e-mail are private and confidential.
They are intended only for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee, you are notified that any copying, forwarding, publication, review or delivery of this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or any other use of its contents is strictly prohibited. You are prohibited from reading any part of this e-mail or any attachments.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the system manager.  Unauthorised disclosure or communication or other use of the contents of this e-mail or any part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute a criminal offence. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Institute does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.  Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may not be attributed to the Institute.

Re: Monit Output

Mohamed Sadok Ben Jazia
Hello,
Perfect tool to generate stats from monit.