Monit for Linux PPC

Lutz Mader
Hello,
someone ask me for Linux PPC support, my question therefore, any
experience to use Monit in a Linux PPC system.

From my point of view it is a Linux only, also. Monit should work like
in a Linux x64 system. The big-endianness should not a problen, AIX and
Solaris are big-endian also. If the little-endian version will used,
this is a Linux only, definetly.

A question only, with regards,
Lutz

Re: Monit for Linux PPC

Szépe Viktor
Idézem/Quoting Lutz Mader <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
> someone ask me for Linux PPC support, my question therefore, any
> experience to use Monit in a Linux PPC system.
>
> From my point of view it is a Linux only, also. Monit should work like
> in a Linux x64 system. The big-endianness should not a problen, AIX and
> Solaris are big-endian also. If the little-endian version will used,
> this is a Linux only, definetly.

Hello Lutz!

You find all supported architectures at the bottom of the page:
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/monit

I hope you use Debian!

SZÉPE Viktor, webes alkalmazás üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
~~~
ügyelet/hotline: +36-20-4242498  [hidden email]  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület

Re: Monit for Linux PPC

Guillaume François

On the download page,   there are binaires for solaris SPARC https://mmonit.com/download/

So if you don't find something fitting,  you can compile it yourself.  I already did it on Ubuntu,  it was easy.

Best Regards.

Le mer. 31 juil. 2019 à 20:29, Lutz Mader <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hello,
someone ask me for Linux PPC support, my question therefore, any
experience to use Monit in a Linux PPC system.

From my point of view it is a Linux only, also. Monit should work like
in a Linux x64 system. The big-endianness should not a problen, AIX and
Solaris are big-endian also. If the little-endian version will used,
this is a Linux only, definetly.

A question only, with regards,
Lutz

Re: Monit for Linux PPC

Lutz Mader
Hello Victor,
I found Monit 5.25.1 for SUSE and Fedora/Redhat, but PPC64LE only.
And the Debian Monit is an old 5.20.0 only (PPC64EL, little-endian as well).

But I have no experiences,
the rpm packages are not linked with the static openSSL libs.

Thanks for your hint,
Lutz

Re: Monit for Linux PPC

Lutz Mader
Hello Guillaume,
in general I use the pre build packages from Tildeslash.
To build monit on Linux PPC64 is not a problem, I think.

But, is someone else using Monit in a Linux PPC system.

With regards,
Lutz