Monit using ethtool

kevins7189

Any examples out there of monitoring network stats with monit via ethtool?

Like if I wanted to track if a counter when up for one of the error counters in ‘ethtool –S | grep error’

Thanks!

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Monit using ethtool

martinp@tildeslash.com
You can check link errors with "check network" directly: https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#NETWORK-INTERFACE-TESTS

The current monit release will trigger a "link" event if rx/tx errors are detected.

If you want to integrate ethtool, you can use the "check program" with custom script: https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#PROGRAM-STATUS-TEST

Best regards,
Martin

On 14 Mar 2018, at 18:30, Kevin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any examples out there of monitoring network stats with monit via ethtool?
Like if I wanted to track if a counter when up for one of the error counters in ‘ethtool –S | grep error’

Thanks!

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Monit using ethtool

Mehul Ved
Here's a quick and dirty sample bash script you can write to check the values https://gist.github.com/mehulved/8c3bde2f7c33a980b8cbea8485b67639