Monit with Node Js as foreground

Yogesh Jangra
Hi all,

       I am trying to monitor a node js app using monit. The node server
is getting started using a script which starts the server as an
foreground process. but it results in specified error :-

             failed to start (exit status -1) -- Program
'start_script.sh 8881' timed out after 30 s

       1. Does monit `check process` expect an exit status as
start_script output ?
       2. Does monit support monitoring the foreground run processes, if
yes, kindly give an example

Thanks

Re: Monit with Node Js as foreground

martinp@tildeslash.com
Hi,

monit currently doesn't support foreground processes monitoring.

Best regards,
Martin