Monitoring /dev/ttyUSB*

Tino Hendricks
Dear list,

is there any chance to check permissions on a device like /dev/ttyUSB0 without use of an external script?

Thanks in advance!

Tino

Re: Monitoring /dev/ttyUSB*

Nils Steinger
https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#PERMISSION-TEST

On 2017-08-03 21:00, Tino Hendricks wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> is there any chance to check permissions on a device like /dev/ttyUSB0 without use of an external script?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Tino

Re: Monitoring /dev/ttyUSB*

Tino Hendricks
Nils,

thanks for the reply.
I’m sorry I should have mentioned that I tried this already ending up in either

> Invalid type Service ttyUSB0

or

> Invalid type Service ttyUSB0

:-(

I think these tests are not capable of checking a device file.

Tino