Multicurrency

Sasa Ostrouska
Hi all, I was wondering how the status of Multi currency is right now in the dolibarr ?
I was looking at the wiki and I found this page https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Draft:Multi-Currency but as you see it is only a draft of how this should work.

Is anybody working on this feature ?
Has this feature any roadmap, plans or anything else or is just a draft and abandoned ?

Rgds
Saxa

Re: Multicurrency

olivier geffroy
Hi sasa

ATM works on this feature

and like me and alexandre spangaro provide accountancy, atm will implement multi currency in the core of dolibarr (for 5.0 or dev on github)

ps : sorry for my poor english, need to sleep ^^

Hi all, I was wondering how the status of Multi currency is right now in the dolibarr ?
I was looking at the wiki and I found this page https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Draft:Multi-Currency but as you see it is only a draft of how this should work.

Is anybody working on this feature ?
Has this feature any roadmap, plans or anything else or is just a draft and abandoned ?

Rgds
Saxa

Merci d'avance a tous ceux qui vont partager la vidéo dans ma signature ^^
Olivier Geffroy
Consultant Informatique

-------------------------------------
Jeffinfo SARL
29 rue de la Gare 59320 Ennetieres en Weppes
[hidden email]
Gsm : 0608632740
Skype : darkj3ff

Re: Multicurrency

Sasa Ostrouska

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Olivier Geffroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi sasa

Hi Oliver !

ATM works on this feature

Great to hear that.

and like me and alexandre spangaro provide accountancy, atm will implement multi currency in the core of dolibarr (for 5.0 or dev on github)

Are you doing it as how it is written on the wiki or some other way ? I think that how it is written on the wiki is not wrong, but also is very complicated in my opinion. In my point of view the exchange rate should be the primary thing to be used. Not writing the calculated value.
Also because the exchange rate changes constantly in the real world. So from the time you issue the proposal, and make the invoice if
this is 5min or more in the mean time the rate has changed. But for the ease of coding what should be used is to be the daily exchange rate. And of course the thing should be very easily configurable for the user, for example if the third is not from the same country then you should just get the option to issue the quote or invoice in a foreign money.

Anyway if you have any preview I would like to test it.

ps : sorry for my poor english, need to sleep ^^

No problem at all.

Rgds
Saxa

[...]

I spoke with alexis from atm about exchange rate and the way it must be (for accountancy) : not comment but a line for fee ...

but I have no time to check the code of multi currency, so much work with other things

I think you can test multi currency on 5.0 (dev on github)

best regards

[...]

Gsm : <a href="tel:0608632740" value="+33608632740" target="_blank">0608632740
Skype : darkj3ff

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Olivier Geffroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
I spoke with alexis from atm about exchange rate and the way it must be (for accountancy) : not comment but a line for fee ...

Ok i understand how it works. No problem.

but I have no time to check the code of multi currency, so much work with other things

Thats good for you :)

I think you can test multi currency on 5.0 (dev on github)

Ok will try it. Have not looked at it yet, it is in Dolibarr/dolibarr on github.com already ?

best regards
Rgds
Saxa

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Olivier Geffroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes it's already on dolibarr/dolibarr on github

Images intégrées 1

Great , will try it out.

Rgds
Saxa

[...]

Ok, today I was playing a bit with Multicurrency in what will be the 5.0.0 beta and I have to say that is a bit confusing for me a bit. I still find some things are missing.

In the Configuration of the module I see that we can put in a excange rate for the currency, thats ok, but I do not see how can we set a date of the exchange rate ?
Also it is a bit strange to use one exchange rate for whole period or year or month or week. Am I missing something ?

Another thing is that Configuration of the module is probably not a correct place to input the exchange rate of the currency. Maybe would be better to have the currency
exchange rate in the Banks or Commercial tabs, with permissions for a user to change it or create it.

Or does it work in some other way ?

I also tried to create a new purchase order, but I see it calculates it wrongly or at least it pushes a wrong rate. I could not identify exactly what is calculating in my case. Will
follow it up in the next days.

As for the products I see there is no way to set up the purchase price of the product in the foreign currency or at least select the foreign currency. Any comments ?

Rgds
Saxa