Network connection goes down/comes back, duplicity neither continues nor terminates

Network connection goes down/comes back, duplicity neither continues nor terminates

duplicity-talk mailing list
I'm running duplicity with cron and a command like this:

PASSPHRASE="mypassword" flock -n /tmp/backuplock /usr/bin/duplicity --log-file /home/me/duplicity.log --backend-retry-delay 60 --asynchronous-upload --name TEST --volsize 50 --full-if-older-than 6M --exclude '**.lock' /home/me/Desktop/TEST sftp://[hidden email]/Backup

The network has gone down and come back up, but duplicity neither continues nor terminates.  As a result the lock (flock) is not relinquished, and so cron is unable to start a new task to finish what was incomplete.

Anyone have thoughts on a way to solve this?

/D

Re: Network connection goes down/comes back, duplicity neither continues nor terminates

On 14.05.2020 08:37, Diagon via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> I'm running duplicity with cron and a command like this:
>
> PASSPHRASE="mypassword" flock -n /tmp/backuplock /usr/bin/duplicity --log-file /home/me/duplicity.log --backend-retry-delay 60 --asynchronous-upload --name TEST --volsize 50 --full-if-older-than 6M --exclude '**.lock' /home/me/Desktop/TEST sftp://[hidden email]/Backup

duplicity uses it's own locking based on the backup target. any specific reason why you added your own?

> The network has gone down and come back up, but duplicity neither continues nor terminates.  As a result the lock (flock) is not relinquished, and so cron is unable to start a new task to finish what was incomplete.

> Anyone have thoughts on a way to solve this?

find out if duplicity is in fact still running. check the log. what does it say?

default number of retries is 5 times your 60 seconds, so it'll will wait at least that long.

if you cannot figure out what is going on, kill duplicity, rerun it with max verbosity (-v9), up/down network again and see if you can reproduce it.

have fun.. ede/duply.net