New Australian SKS Server - Request for Peers

New Australian SKS Server - Request for Peers

John Marshall-2
I have installed the SKS keyserver on a host in a well-connected data
centre in Brisbane, Australia, with the intention of having the server
participate in the OpenPGP keyserver network.

Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere and typically 350ms - 500ms away
from European hosts.  I think it makes sense to peer with neighbour
servers and therefore express a preference for peering offers from other
hosts in the South Pacific and USA West Coast.  I would like, if
possible, to peer with a set of servers < 200ms away.

I have primed the server with a dump from 25-Jan-2009.

            Hostname: keys.riverwillow.net.au
             Version: 1.1.0
           HTTP port: 11371
          Recon port: 11370
Total number of keys: 2659588

Thank you for considering this request.

--
John Marshall

Re: New Australian SKS Server - Request for Peers

John Marshall-2
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, 23:49 +1100, John Marshall wrote:
> I have installed the SKS keyserver on a host in a well-connected data
> centre in Brisbane, Australia, with the intention of having the server
> participate in the OpenPGP keyserver network.
>
> Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere and typically 350ms - 500ms away
> from European hosts.  I think it makes sense to peer with neighbour
> servers and therefore express a preference for peering offers from other
> hosts in the South Pacific and USA West Coast.  I would like, if
> possible, to peer with a set of servers < 200ms away.

Thank you to those who responded to my request for synchronization peers
for this Australian keyserver.  We are now peering with two keyservers
in the USA and one in Korea.  The server is now fully synchronized and
operational.

             Hostname: keys.riverwillow.net.au
              Version: 1.1.0
            HTTP port: 11371
           Recon port: 11370
 Total number of keys: 2660893

--
John Marshall

Re: New Australian SKS Server - Request for Peers

gabrix-4