New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

Sebastian Wiesinger-8
Hello,

I just set up my SKS server at sks.karotte.org. I want to say hello to
the SKS community and would like to ask if some people here would want
to "gossip" with me. As I hear this would be nice to have. ;)

Another thing: As I read it I can setup a webpage for the server.
There are no templates packaged for that as far as I can see. Are
there any templates I could use? At the moment I'm just showing a
blank page.

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

Re: New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

Sebastian Wiesinger-8
* Anakin-Marc Zaeger <[hidden email]> [2009-08-12 08:01]:
> Feel free to add my server, keyserver.nyfnet.net 11370 to your
> membership file.  As for your second question, I've been looking as
> well.  Best of luck.

Done. Do you have to add

sks.karotte.org 11370

to your file to make this work? Currently I'm not too firm with the
protocol. Regardless, feel free to add me. :)

As for the webpage, is there at least some sort of overview of the
possible /pks/... operations somewhere? I didn't find one.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

Re: New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

Phil Pennock-17
On 2009-08-12 at 08:16 +0200, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> As for the webpage, is there at least some sort of overview of the
> possible /pks/... operations somewhere? I didn't find one.

Grab the HTML page served at http://sks.spodhuis.org/ -- it's not
pretty, I'm not a UI person, but if I recall correctly, I checked all
the available options in the code when I added it.  You'll need to
remove the stuff specific to my server, if you use that as a base for
your own page, instead of just a reference.

It's probably also worth putting in a robots.txt file.

Yes, both sides need to add each other for things to work; the
reconciliation server will immediately drop connections from IP
addresses not matching those of a known peer.

You should also start from a dump of current keys, so that you'll have
more than 2.7 million keys to start with, before you peer.  I've no idea
how many you have, but you might want to put "initial_stat:" (no quotes,
but nothing after the colon) in your sksconf if you have even vaguely
modern hardware.  The initial stats calculation is not that time
consuming, unless you're using a slow low-power processor or something
rather old.

Regards,
-Phil

RE: New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

arcintl
I am currently working on this (with help from Andy @ rainydayz) he has
the www files somewhere on his server but is currently in the middle of
a move.

Once I have the files and tested them I can upload them somewhere for
people for the future.

Michael Griffiths - IT Systems Administrator

Direct dial: +44 (0) 113 2763422 | Office: +44 (0) 113 2710033 - Ext:
203 | Mobile: +44 (0) 788 1957504
Address: Arc House | Middleton Grove| Beeston | Leeds | LS11 5BX | UK
Email: [hidden email]

the SKS community and would like to ask if some people here would want
to "gossip" with me. As I hear this would be nice to have. ;)

Another thing: As I read it I can setup a webpage for the server.
There are no templates packaged for that as far as I can see. Are there
any templates I could use? At the moment I'm just showing a blank page.

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20) 'Are you Death?' ... IT'S
THE SCYTHE, ISN'T IT? PEOPLE ALWAYS NOTICE THE SCYTHE.

To ensure an optimal service, the ARC INTERNATIONAL Group uses the most powerful antiviruses and antispam systems currently available. This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for the addresses and are confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either in whole or in part, is prohibited without formal approval. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message; ARC INTERNATIONAL (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.

Re: New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

Sebastian Wiesinger-8
* Sebastian Wiesinger <[hidden email]> [2009-08-12 07:54]:
> Hello,
>
> I just set up my SKS server at sks.karotte.org.

BTW has someone a nagios plugin to check if db/recon is running
correctly? Or should I just query the webserver to see if it is up?

Regards,

Sebastian

--
New GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
Old GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

Re: New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

gabrix-4
Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just set up my SKS server at sks.karotte.org.

Hi ,
i have added your sever to my membership mine is:

pgp.gabrix.ath.cx 11370

Gab
--
1024D/BC4F9423 2008-12-05
Key fingerprint = 36C6 E257 2801 46E7 69A7  8721 F502 1342 BC4F 9423