New Logo Survey

David Bjergaard
Hi All,

The new logo wiki [1] has been in existence since I started using stump four
years ago.  There are lots of good logos on that page, so I've created a
google form where you can vote for your favorite:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EH33y-pmRE4Nv2k769GnEwy7jF1FoZwOhHhFdaShtRk/viewform

In a week I'll announce the winner. As said on the form, and on the
wiki:

For any of the logos [...], minor changes would be needed to really use
them as a logo.

Cheers,

    Dave

[1] https://github.com/sabetts/stumpwm/wiki/NewLogo

Re: New Logo Survey

Alex Kost
David Bjergaard (2014-01-30 22:10 +0400) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The new logo wiki [1] has been in existence since I started using stump four
> years ago.  There are lots of good logos on that page, so I've created a
> google form where you can vote for your favorite:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EH33y-pmRE4Nv2k769GnEwy7jF1FoZwOhHhFdaShtRk/viewform

I drew an SVG of my variant of logo.  I hope it's not too late to
participate in the competition :)

The logo can be found in the bottom of
<https://github.com/sabetts/stumpwm/wiki/NewLogo> or at
<https://github.com/alezost/stumpwm-logo>.

--
All the best, Alex

Re: New Logo Survey

David Bjergaard
Hi all,

I've added Alex's logo as an option.  Since his logo was a late edition
I've split the responses into a new file.

*Note* If you have already voted, you may vote again for Alex's logo if
you want to.

In the event of a tie between the new and old responses, we'll have a
tiebreaker between the two tied logos.

Cheers,

    Dave

Alex Kost <[hidden email]> writes:

> David Bjergaard (2014-01-30 22:10 +0400) wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The new logo wiki [1] has been in existence since I started using stump four
>> years ago.  There are lots of good logos on that page, so I've created a
>> google form where you can vote for your favorite:
>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EH33y-pmRE4Nv2k769GnEwy7jF1FoZwOhHhFdaShtRk/viewform
>
> I drew an SVG of my variant of logo.  I hope it's not too late to
> participate in the competition :)
>
> The logo can be found in the bottom of
> <https://github.com/sabetts/stumpwm/wiki/NewLogo> or at
> <https://github.com/alezost/stumpwm-logo>.
>
> --
> All the best, Alex

Re: New Logo Survey

Pedro Insua
At Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:10:03 -0500,
David Bjergaard wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The new logo wiki [1] has been in existence since I started using stump four
> years ago.  There are lots of good logos on that page, so I've created a
> google form where you can vote for your favorite:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EH33y-pmRE4Nv2k769GnEwy7jF1FoZwOhHhFdaShtRk/viewform

  Could you put 'none' to be a choice? My minimalistic mind doesn't like any logo..

  (sorry.. my english is really bad..)

> In a week I'll announce the winner. As said on the form, and on the
> wiki:
>
> For any of the logos [...], minor changes would be needed to really use
> them as a logo.
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Dave
>
> [1] https://github.com/sabetts/stumpwm/wiki/NewLogo

Re: New Logo Survey

David Bjergaard
Hi Pedro,  I appreciate your view that we shouldn't include a logo,
however for branding purposes on the wiki, I think some form of graphic
would be appropriate.  Even vim has a logo.  If your worried about
branding on your desktop, I'm sure that it will be added in a way that
will allow it to be turned off.

Cheers,

    Dave

Pedro Insua <[hidden email]> writes:

> At Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:10:03 -0500,
> David Bjergaard wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The new logo wiki [1] has been in existence since I started using stump four
>> years ago.  There are lots of good logos on that page, so I've created a
>> google form where you can vote for your favorite:
>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EH33y-pmRE4Nv2k769GnEwy7jF1FoZwOhHhFdaShtRk/viewform
>
>   Could you put 'none' to be a choice? My minimalistic mind doesn't like any logo..
>

>   (sorry.. my english is really bad..)
>

>> In a week I'll announce the winner. As said on the form, and on the
>> wiki:
>>
>> For any of the logos [...], minor changes would be needed to really use
>> them as a logo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>     Dave
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/sabetts/stumpwm/wiki/NewLogo

Call for Logo Submissions (was Re: New Logo Survey)

David Bjergaard
Hi All,

Since there have been a few late entries, I'm going to do the following:

If you have a logo to submit, add it to the wiki.  At the top of the
wiki add it to the list of logos that I've started there.

For the people who have already voted, I've take the top three
suggestions from the first round and added them as submissions for the
next round of voting.  In a week there will be a new form with the logo
candidates and everyone can vote again.

I apologize if anyone felt left out from the original logo list, I
picked a subset of the logos from the wiki and sent them out since it
has been languishing for at least as long as I've used StumpWM.