New egg: unveil

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New egg: unveil

Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe-2
Hi all,

I'd like to add the following new egg, which provides unveil(2)
support for CHICKENs running under OpenBSD.  test-new-egg says
"Egg looks good!".

The repository is here:

https://github.com/Zipheir/unveil-chicken

The wiki page:

https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/unveil

For convenience, the raw release-info URI:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zipheir/unveil-chicken/master/unveil.release-info

Thanks!

--
Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe  <[hidden email]>

"Conquering the galaxy is what bacteria with spaceships would
do--knowing no better, having no choice." --Greg Egan, _Disapora_

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New egg: unveil

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 19:16:29 -0500 Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to add the following new egg, which provides unveil(2)
> support for CHICKENs running under OpenBSD.  test-new-egg says
> "Egg looks good!".
>
> The repository is here:
>
> https://github.com/Zipheir/unveil-chicken
>
> The wiki page:
>
> https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/unveil
>
> For convenience, the raw release-info URI:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zipheir/unveil-chicken/master/unveil.release-info
>
> Thanks!

Thank you.  You're egg has been added to the coop.

Assuming this egg is OpenBSD-specific, please consider adding

    (platform openbsd)

to the .egg file.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New egg: unveil

Lassi Kortela
In reply to this post by Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe-2
> I'd like to add the following new egg, which provides unveil(2)
> support for CHICKENs running under OpenBSD

Nice feature!

unveil() works together with pledge(). There already seems to be a
pledge egg at <http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/pledge>. Any chance the
two eggs could be merged?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New egg: unveil

Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe-2
In reply to this post by Mario Domenech Goulart-4
On 2020-11-21 12:21 +0100, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> Assuming this egg is OpenBSD-specific, please consider adding
>
>     (platform openbsd)
>
> to the .egg file.

Thanks, I missed this and will add it shortly.

Best regards,

--
Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe  <[hidden email]>

"In the presence of the unknown all have an equal right to
think." --Robert G. Ingersoll, "Individuality"

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New egg: unveil

Evan Hanson-4
In reply to this post by Lassi Kortela
On 2020-11-21 13:27, Lassi Kortela wrote:
> > I'd like to add the following new egg, which provides unveil(2)
> > support for CHICKENs running under OpenBSD
>
> Nice feature!
>
> unveil() works together with pledge(). There already seems to be a pledge
> egg at <http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/pledge>. Any chance the two eggs
> could be merged?

That makes sense to me. I'm not sure what name would be best to use for
this, but as the author of the pledge egg I think it makes sense to
bundle these procedures in one way or another.

Evan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New egg: unveil

Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe-2
On 2020-11-29 22:03 +1300, Evan Hanson wrote:

> On 2020-11-21 13:27, Lassi Kortela wrote:
> > > I'd like to add the following new egg, which provides unveil(2)
> > > support for CHICKENs running under OpenBSD
> >
> > Nice feature!
> >
> > unveil() works together with pledge(). There already seems to be a pledge
> > egg at <http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/pledge>. Any chance the two eggs
> > could be merged?
>
> That makes sense to me. I'm not sure what name would be best to use for
> this, but as the author of the pledge egg I think it makes sense to
> bundle these procedures in one way or another.

They could be bundled as an `openbsd' egg, perhaps providing modules
(openbsd pledge) and (openbsd unveil)?

--
Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe  <[hidden email]>

"The difference between theory and practice is, uh, larger in
practice than in theory." --Olin Shivers