New template for a Dolibarr module

Laurent Destailleur

Few weeks ago, I moved the template of a Dolibarr module into a dedicated project.
After talking about future of Dolibarr, I finally had to change my mind because the project become more ambitious :
The template was now introduced into the distribution of Dolibarr, but inside the official sources as a dedicated module.

You will find it in v6 into directory called:  htdocs/modulebuilder/template

Why ?
Having an external tool to help developers to build a module is not enough. We must also be able to add new screen, new menu, new permission, new objects, new tables and add more features even if we are not an experienced developer. And we should be able to do it on the fly. For this reason, a new module was started in v6, called "Module Builder". There is for the moment only a preview in "development" status (and it will remain with this status in v6) to show how it can work but in future, an integrator will be able to enhance Dolibarr directly from Dolibarr screens with very very few coding. To achieve this goal, we need to have a complete template and code generator directly embedded into official sources. That's the reason why the module template is back into Dolibarr but no more into the "dev" directory (this directory is not provided with official distribution), but into a dedicated directory, always available with other features, currently
htdocs/modulebuilder/template

--
Laurent.

Re: New template for a Dolibarr module

Sasa Ostrouska

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Laurent Destailleur <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Perfect, I think this is a good step forward. Agree completely on this vision/idea.

Rgds
Saxa

--
Laurent.

Re: New template for a Dolibarr module

charles benke.fr

Hello All

One of most important way for me is to HARMONIZE and internationalize the natives modules

By example replace

/compta/facture by /invoice

/comm/propal by /proposal

/fourn/commande by supplier_order

My vision is to refactoring with the standard convention for new modules, it’s a long time investisment but continue with the actual structure will guide us to a wall…

I think one major version is not enough to implement maybe 2 or 3

Start working of an standard structure without have before a standard structure for all the module

My 2 cents

Bien cordialement,

Charlie Benke

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Charles Benke <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All

One of most important way for me is to HARMONIZE and internationalize the natives modules

By example replace

/compta/facture by /invoice

/comm/propal by /proposal

/fourn/commande by supplier_order

My vision is to refactoring with the standard convention for new modules, it’s a long time investisment but continue with the actual structure will guide us to a wall…

I think one major version is not enough to implement maybe 2 or 3

Start working of an standard structure without have before a standard structure for all the module

My 2 cents

Good point, IMHO a lot of things in dolibarr source should be translated into english, as this would permit an easier understanding of how the code works, meaningful names of variables are for sure a good help.

Rgds
Saxa

Bien cordialement,

Charlie Benke