OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented from duplicity verify

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented from duplicity verify

duplicity-talk mailing list
I'm getting "OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented" whenever I try to run `duplicity verify`. Full output below. I've tried googling and searching the bug tracker and list archives but no luck. Anyone know what the problem might be?

    $ duplicity verify --ssh-askpass sftp://[hidden email]//media/seanh/Zero\ Credibility/dejadup/chamlis /
    ... (lots of output snipped)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1546, in <module>
       with_tempdir(main)
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1540, in with_tempdir
       fn()
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1391, in main
       do_backup(action)
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1470, in do_backup
       verify(col_stats)
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 869, in verify
       for backup_ropath, current_path in collated:
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 280, in collate2iters
       for relem2 in riter2:
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/selection.py", line 179, in Iterate
       subpath, val = diryield_stack[-1].next()
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/selection.py", line 144, in diryield
       error_handler, Path.append, (path, filename))
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/robust.py", line 38, in check_common_error
       return function(*args)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 541, in append
       return self.__class__(self.base, self.index + (ext,))
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 516, in __init__
       self.setdata()
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 537, in setdata
       self.symtext = os.readlink(self.name)
   OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented: '/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=ziller.local,user=chamlis/etc/nginx/modules-enabled/50-mod-http-geoip.conf.removed

_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented from duplicity verify

duplicity-talk mailing list
What OS and version are you running?

What version of duplicity are you running?


On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 6:52 AM, Sean Hammond via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm getting "OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented" whenever I try to run `duplicity verify`. Full output below. I've tried googling and searching the bug tracker and list archives but no luck. Anyone know what the problem might be?

    $ duplicity verify --ssh-askpass sftp://[hidden email]//media/seanh/Zero\ Credibility/dejadup/chamlis /
    ... (lots of output snipped)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1546, in <module>
       with_tempdir(main)
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1540, in with_tempdir
       fn()
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1391, in main
       do_backup(action)
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1470, in do_backup
       verify(col_stats)
     File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 869, in verify
       for backup_ropath, current_path in collated:
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 280, in collate2iters
       for relem2 in riter2:
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/selection.py", line 179, in Iterate
       subpath, val = diryield_stack[-1].next()
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/selection.py", line 144, in diryield
       error_handler, Path.append, (path, filename))
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/robust.py", line 38, in check_common_error
       return function(*args)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 541, in append
       return self.__class__(self.base, self.index + (ext,))
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 516, in __init__
       self.setdata()
     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 537, in setdata
       self.symtext = os.readlink(self.name)
   OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented: '/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=ziller.local,user=chamlis/etc/nginx/modules-enabled/50-mod-http-geoip.conf.removed

_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk



_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented from duplicity verify

duplicity-talk mailing list
On Wed, 2 May 2018, at 1:06 PM, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
What OS and version are you running?

What version of duplicity are you running?

Sorry, I should have thought to provide this info.

The host machine on which `duplicity verify` is being run is Ubuntu 17.10, Duplicity 0.7.12:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 17.10
Release: 17.10
Codename: artful

$ duplicity --version
duplicity 0.7.1

In case it matters, the target machine on which the backup exists is also Ubuntu 17.10 and has Duplicity 0.7.12 installed.

_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented from duplicity verify

duplicity-talk mailing list
It looks like you have both source and target remote to the machine running verify, source being sftp, target being gvfs/sftp mount.  I'm not sure gvfs or sftp supports native filesystem access, like reading the symbolic link.  You might try with the target being on a native filesystem, maybe run duplicity on the target machine itself.


On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 7:11 AM, Sean Hammond via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 2 May 2018, at 1:06 PM, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
What OS and version are you running?

What version of duplicity are you running?

Sorry, I should have thought to provide this info.

The host machine on which `duplicity verify` is being run is Ubuntu 17.10, Duplicity 0.7.12:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 17.10
Release: 17.10
Codename: artful

$ duplicity --version
duplicity 0.7.1

In case it matters, the target machine on which the backup exists is also Ubuntu 17.10 and has Duplicity 0.7.12 installed.

_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk



_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSError: [Errno 38] Function not implemented from duplicity verify

duplicity-talk mailing list
In reply to this post by duplicity-talk mailing list
On 02.05.2018 14:11, Sean Hammond via Duplicity-talk wrote:

> On Wed, 2 May 2018, at 1:06 PM, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>> What OS and version are you running?
>>
>> What version of duplicity are you running?
>
> Sorry, I should have thought to provide this info.
>
> The host machine on which `duplicity verify` is being run is Ubuntu 17.10, Duplicity 0.7.12:
>
> $ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Description: Ubuntu 17.10
> Release: 17.10
> Codename: artful
>
> $ duplicity --version
> duplicity 0.7.1
>
> In case it matters, the target machine on which the backup exists is also Ubuntu 17.10 and has Duplicity 0.7.12 installed.

hey Sean,

looks like it fails in the local filesystem.

what i don't like about the report is the path
  /run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=ziller.local,user=chamlis/etc/nginx/modules-enabled/50-mod-http-geoip.conf.removed'
that fails. that seems to be a remote sftp location mounted locally.

looks like you did not exclude '/run/' previously. files under /run are not meant to be backed up. check eg. this explanation what /run is needed for
  https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/13972/what-is-this-new-run-filesystem
 
..ede/duply.net

_______________________________________________
Duplicity-talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/duplicity-talk