Official Release When?

Frank Crawford
Guys,

You are doing a great job on getting rdiff-backup rolling again and
bringing it up to date, not just with Python 3, but also all the other
outstanding issues, but do you have a target date for an official
release?

One reason I ask is that rolling this into many distributions is best
done when they do a new release, and having a target for an rdiff-
backup release helps work out how to handle their upgrades too.

Regards
Frank

Re: Official Release When?

ewl+rdiffbackup
Hi Frank,

that's a good but not easy question.

For me personally, the objectives of the next release should be
migration to Python 3 without regression and with an automated testing
and release pipeline.

I had created a 2.0.0 milestone (without due date) and tagged with it
the issues that should be solved before the release goes out.

This represents only my personal opinion and I'm open to discussion.

And, last but not least, given our current speed, I could imagine that
the release could come out around end of the year. Something to wish for
Christmas...

KR, Eric