Oops, sorry, I forgot to send you my settings.

Oops, sorry, I forgot to send you my settings.

Doug Smith-6

I am sorry for this.  I forgot to send out my settings for the audio
mixer and the linphonec program I am using.  Here are the audio mixer
settings.

vol:87:87:P
pcm:87:87:P
speaker:67:67:P
line:67:67:P
mic:100:100:P
cd:67:67:P
igain:100:100:R
ogain:67:67:P
line1:67:67:P
dig1:67:67:P
phin:67:67:P
phout:67:67:P
video:67:67:P

All of my other sound applications, including those which require
microphone input are working properly.  I just need to know which
settings, if any in this section to change.

Here are my settings for my linphonec program.  I just set up with
freeworld-dialup and I haven't added this to my settings yet, but I
will as soon as I get this working.

[net]
con_type=3
use_nat=0

[sip]
sip_port=5060
guess_hostname=1
contact=sip:knoppix@unknown-host
use_info=0
use_ipv6=0
default_proxy=-1

[rtp]
audio_rtp_port=7078
video_rtp_port=9078
audio_jitt_comp=128
video_jitt_comp=128

[sound]
playback_dev_id=0
capture_dev_id=0
rec_lev=100
play_lev=87
source=m
local_ring=/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/oldphone.wav
remote_ring=/usr/share/sounds/linphone/ringback.wav

[video]
enabled=0
show_local=0

[audio_codec_0]
mime=PCMU
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_1]
mime=GSM
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_2]
mime=PCMA
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_3]
mime=speex
rate=8000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_4]
mime=speex
rate=16000
enabled=1

[audio_codec_5]
mime=1015
rate=8000
enabled=1

If any of this information can be of help, I would greatly appreciate
it.

Thank you very much.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.
Computer Scientist For CHRIST!

I give up

Ari Moisio
Hi!

   Almost a week i'n have been tryin to setup up Linphone behind a nat box.
Only documentation on .linphonec  appears to be source code and only thing
it helps is to abandon keywords that are not used: 'as_proxy', 'hostname',
etc.

   I tried also graphical version, as blind user it was a little bit
difficult to get used with Gnome screen reader but it did not succeed
either,
there were settings in the documnentation i could not find from the gui
and when i tried with trial and error only result was whole proxy setting
disappeared.

   Siproxd  does not help, i have found no way to tell Linphone to use it.
Partysip requires special version of iptables, upd-proxy stone  floods
errors about illegal addresses and finally iptables port forwarding gives
  very choppy sound, probably lots of packets are missing.

   Linphone works flawlessly in the router computer and within  lan but no
hope get past firewall:-(

--
arimo

Re: I give up

Simon Morlat
Hi,

I'm sorry for your bad experience. I know that the gui of linphone as well as
the documentation are really bad. Unfortunately I have no time to fix that
but I would be very happy that some else do the job.
I stay focus on the background : media streaming processing and protocols.

I would have try the following:
- enable the nat workaround of linphone by modifying the .linphonec config
file:

[net]
con_type=4
use_nat=1
nat_address=<your nat ip address here>

for the proxy settings,
- send registration: whether linphone should register to the proxy (yes is
recommended)
- SIP identity: the sip account for which you registered, like
sip:[hidden email]
- route: a sip address where all traffic should go through. It can be the same
as sip proxy address, meaning that all calls we be handled by your proxy.
- publish presence information: tell the proxy whether you are only or not;
probably not supported by all providers.

Simon