Override restart

kevins7189

Maybe I’m just not googling or reading the manual correctly, but I want to monitor a process, and if the cpu usage reaches 100 just alert.  I do not want monit to attempt a restart

check process kipmi0 matching "kipmi0"

        if cpu usage > 100% for 3 cycles then alert

On the web page for this process, existence says it will restart it, and I don’t want that to happen

Existence             If doesn't exist then restart

CPU usage limit If greater than 100.0% for 3 cycles then alert

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Override restart

Guillaume François
Hello,

Why not overriding the "default" behavior by adding something like this

if not exist for 100 cycles then alert

Best Regards.