PPA offline

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi,

I've been using Duplicity for years and really appreciate the work you guys have put into making this such a stable, reliable piece of software!

As I was installing a new VPS today I noticed the installation of Duplicity was failing since the PPA gave a 404. I read on the announcements page that this is due to the move to Gitlab? Is there any time frame on when you expect the PPA to be back online? I really prefer using the PPA over a manual install so I can easily keep things up to date and patched; so the PPA being offline in my humble opinion is a significant inconvenience to those using it for both fresh installs and updates.

Maybe I missed a previous announcement but it also seems rather sudden and without warning that it was taken offline? I guess all I want to say is it would have been nice for those of us not on the mailing list (I just signed up today) to have some prior notice to the PPA going offline, even if this is just for a few days. I had several installations planned for today but am reluctant to install duplicity now, if the PPA will be back online in a few days.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand working on these projects is something most people do in their own time, is often time consuming, is mostly undervalued and comes without any form of warranty, but a little heads up would have been nice. If there was a heads up and I simply missed it, I apologize and take everything back.

I hope the PPA comes back online soon!

Regards,
Rinck

Re: PPA offline

duplicity-talk mailing list
Working on it now.  There will be new PPAs since the old ones dealt with the obsolete 0.7 series.

A day or two is what I estimate.  It's a slow process to set up new PPAs.

See https://launchpad.net/~duplicity-team for new PPAs in development.

...Ken