Please create an AppData file for Enigma

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please create an AppData file for Enigma

Richard Hughes
Please consider writing and installing an AppData file with the
application description and some screenshots, else Enigma looks really
bad in the GNOME and KDE Software Centers. We'd love to showcase more
applications, but without the extra data file we can't. See
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/ for details; thanks!

Richard

_______________________________________________
Enigma-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/enigma-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please create an AppData file for Enigma

Richard Hughes
Hi again,

Please consider improving and installing this AppData file we wrote:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/desktop/enigma.appdata.xml

Richard

On 28 May 2014 10:37, Richard Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please consider writing and installing an AppData file with the
> application description and some screenshots, else Enigma looks really
> bad in the GNOME and KDE Software Centers. We'd love to showcase more
> applications, but without the extra data file we can't. See
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/ for details; thanks!
>
> Richard

_______________________________________________
Enigma-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/enigma-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please create an AppData file for Enigma

Andreas Lochmann-2

Dear Richard,

thank you very much for the sample file.
I slightly adapted it and added it to our
trunk in etc/. We will soon provide better
screenshots as well.

Best,
Andreas


Am 24.09.2014 14:19, schrieb Richard Hughes:

> Hi again,
>
> Please consider improving and installing this AppData file we wrote:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/desktop/enigma.appdata.xml
>
> Richard
>
> On 28 May 2014 10:37, Richard Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Please consider writing and installing an AppData file with the
>> application description and some screenshots, else Enigma looks really
>> bad in the GNOME and KDE Software Centers. We'd love to showcase more
>> applications, but without the extra data file we can't. See
>> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/ for details; thanks!
>>
>> Richard
> _______________________________________________
> Enigma-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/enigma-devel



_______________________________________________
Enigma-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/enigma-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please create an AppData file for Enigma

Richard Hughes
On 27 September 2014 10:23, Andreas Lochmann
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I slightly adapted it and added it to our
> trunk in etc/.

Great, thanks! Do you also have an "install" target for the build
system too? If so the file needs to be installed into
/usr/share/appdata

> We will soon provide better screenshots as well.

Great, there are guidelines here if that helps:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/#screenshots --
Thanks.

Richard.

_______________________________________________
Enigma-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/enigma-devel