Preventing continuous display of User quit information

Preventing continuous display of User quit information

Karthik K
First of all, hats off for building such a wonderful command line DC client.

One little annoyance I have had while using microdc is whenever a user quits from the current serve we get a message saying "User <user> quits"

Now, this automatically brings back focus to the prompt. When I am looking at the list of users or results of a search or a browsing a user directory, I would have scrolled way up and this "User <user> quits" messages again scrolls down the screen to the prompt. This is especially annoying when you are connected to a busy hub with many users quitting every second. It gets to a point where microdc becomes almost unusable.

Is it somehow possible to disable the printing of "User <user> quits" messages?

With Regards
Karthik K
9677052524

Re: Preventing continuous display of User quit information

Josh Watts
Yep, that's exactly what the "display" variable is for! :-)

I have mine set to just "publicchat", which hides everything except a few timeout errors. The other possible values are:

connections
debug
download
joinpart (this is the one that's annoying you ;-)
publicchat
searchresults
upload

--