Problem building Axiom

Malcolm MacCallum
I am running Scientific Linux 7.2 on a Dell 13 5000 2-in-1.
I wanted to install Axiom so I downloaded the fedora
src package (on the grounds fedora is the closest to SL 7.2.
On typing make, as advised, I find it hangs at the following step:

b1 making /usr/local/CA/axiom/mnt/fedora10/doc/bookvol13.pdf from
/usr/local/CA/axiom/books/bookvol13.pamphlet

Advice on how to get Axiom working would be much appraciated.

If I can do that I will try to go on to Aldor....

Malcolm

Re: Problem building Axiom

Tim Daly
I'm slightly confused by your message.
By the 'fedora src package' do you mean the sources from
the axiom-developer.org website?

Try typing:
   make clean
   make NOISE=

The 'NOISE=' parameter lets you see the error messages.

You might try fetching the latest sources with
   git clone git://github.com/daly/axiom

As far as I am aware there are no dependencies on which
distribution you're using except for the packages and package
manager information listed on the axiom-developer.org website.

Please let me know the result.

If you're only interested in running Axiom you should be able
to install it with:

   yum install axiom

Tim Daly