Problem running nutcpc

ppetit
Hi,

I downloaded and installed on debian (2.6.20-15-generic) nufw version 2.2.0-rc2. When I launch nutcpc I get the following:

Connecting to NuFW gateway (localhost)
Server Certificate OK
Enter password:
Using mechanism PLAIN
Authentication started...

Unable to initiate connection to NuFW gateway
Problem: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.

Can someone shed some light as what the problem could be? Googling around I found one comment about getting that error when using gnutls and not openssl? nutcpc is compiled against gnutls as far as I can say, but I guess you would noticed before...

Thanks
 Patrick

Re: Problem running nutcpc

Victor Stinner-4
Hi,

 > I downloaded and installed on debian (2.6.20-15-generic) nufw version
 > 2.2.0-rc2.

This version is still in beta stage :-)

 > When I launch nutcpc I get the following:
 >
 > Connecting to NuFW gateway (localhost)
 > Server Certificate OK
 > Enter password:
 > Using mechanism PLAIN
 > Authentication started...
 >
 > Unable to initiate connection to NuFW gateway
 > Problem: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.
 >
 > Can someone shed some light as what the problem could be?

NuFW 2.2 has a bug: it's not possible to tell if the problem is a TLS or
an authentication problem. The most probable reason is an authentication
failure.

First, check nuauth logs: should be /var/log/syslog (or in MySQL, it
depends on your configuration). Run nuauth with -vvvvvvvvv (9v for debug
level 9) to get all messages.

Check also:
   - nutcpc login and passwod: nutcpc command line
   - nuauth user module: file /etc/nufw/nuauth.conf,
     option "nuauth_user_check_module"

Please describe your nuauth options:
   log modules
   auth module
   acl module
   (or just attach your nuauth.conf without the passwords)

Victor