Problem with Dropbox-backend

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi list

I'm using duplicity with the Dropbox-backend on some servers.
All worked fine until two days ago, then I just got:

dpbx error: [400] u'v1_retired'
Attempt 1 failed. ErrorResponse: [400] u'v1_retired'

So, I tried to update duplicity and the Dropbox-Backend, but I always get
this error:

BackendException: dpbx: DPBX_APP_KEY environment variable not set

so I tried this http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#sect12 but it
does not help...
I exported DPBX_APP_KEY and DPBX_APP_SECRET, then I run duplicity and I got
an URL to confirm the action.
I confirmed it and I got an authorization code that I pasted in duplicity.
Unfortunately I get:

BackendException: dpbx: Unable to obtain access token: Timeout value connect
was Timeout(connect=None, read=None, total=None), but it must be an int or
float.

Any idea how can I solve my problem?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
([hidden email])

Re: Problem with Dropbox-backend

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 09:46:50PM +0200, Luca Bertoncello via Duplicity-talk wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I'm using duplicity with the Dropbox-backend on some servers.
> All worked fine until two days ago, then I just got:
>
> dpbx error: [400] u'v1_retired'
> Attempt 1 failed. ErrorResponse: [400] u'v1_retired'
>
> So, I tried to update duplicity and the Dropbox-Backend, but I always get
> this error:
>
> BackendException: dpbx: DPBX_APP_KEY environment variable not set
>
> so I tried this http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html#sect12 but it
> does not help...
> I exported DPBX_APP_KEY and DPBX_APP_SECRET, then I run duplicity and I got
> an URL to confirm the action.
> I confirmed it and I got an authorization code that I pasted in duplicity.
> Unfortunately I get:
>
> BackendException: dpbx: Unable to obtain access token: Timeout value connect
> was Timeout(connect=None, read=None, total=None), but it must be an int or
> float.
>
> Any idea how can I solve my problem?

Hi,

Probably Dropbox finally turned off API v1.

Please make sure that you're using latest version of duplicity. I thought
I've updated duplicity to use APv2.

Sorry, I don't use it anymore. But once I'll have some free time, I'll
check it.

--
WBR, Dmitry

Zitat von Dmitry Nezhevenko via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

> Probably Dropbox finally turned off API v1.

Surely...

> Please make sure that you're using latest version of duplicity. I thought
> I've updated duplicity to use APv2.

I think, I already use that...
I updated the Dropbox-API (using pip), but now I get this error:

BackendException: dpbx: Unable to obtain access token:
'OAuth2FlowNoRedirectResult' object is not iterable

after I allow in Dropbox the access to the API...
Any idea?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
([hidden email])

Re: Problem with Dropbox-backend

duplicity-talk mailing list
On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 07:59:30 +0000
Luca Bertoncello via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think, I already use that...
> I updated the Dropbox-API (using pip), but now I get this error:
>
> BackendException: dpbx: Unable to obtain access token:
> 'OAuth2FlowNoRedirectResult' object is not iterable
>
> after I allow in Dropbox the access to the API...
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks
> Luca Bertoncello
> ([hidden email])

It may still be necessary to downgrade dropbox, see this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1639664

--
  Richard

Re: Problem with Dropbox-backend

duplicity-talk mailing list
Zitat von Richard McGraw via Duplicity-talk <[hidden email]>:

Hi Richard

> It may still be necessary to downgrade dropbox, see this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1639664

Unfortunately it does not help:

BackendException: dpbx: Unable to obtain access token: 400 Client
Error: Bad Request for url: https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/token

Regards
Luca Bertoncello
([hidden email])