Problem with create-task-from-buffer

Renger van Nieuwkoop
Problem with create-task-from-buffer

Hi
When I want to create a task from buffer I get the following error message: Symbol's function is void: planner-annotion-from-man.

Any idea what is wrong  (I am an Emacs-newby using Emacs 23.0.6 on Windows.
Renger

Re: Problem with create-task-from-buffer [WJS+muse]

John Sullivan-2
"Renger van Nieuwkoop" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi
> When I want to create a task from buffer I get the following error
> message: Symbol's function is void: planner-annotion-from-man.
> Any idea what is wrong  (I am an Emacs-newby using Emacs 23.0.6 on

Hm, is that spelled correctly? Wondering if that typo is in the code or
in your copying of the error message.

What versions of planner and muse are you using?

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer

Re: Problem with create-task-from-buffer [WJS+muse]

John Sullivan-2
"Renger van Nieuwkoop" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi
> When I want to create a task from buffer I get the following error
> message: Symbol's function is void: planner-annotion-from-man.
> Any idea what is wrong  (I am an Emacs-newby using Emacs 23.0.6 on
> Windows.
> Renger

Also, if you could do M-x toggle-debug-on-error and then include the
full backtrace from the error message, that would be helpful.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer
http://wjsullivan.net/PlannerMode.html
GPG Key: AE8600B6

Re: Problem with create-task-from-buffer[WJS+muse]

Renger van Nieuwkoop
Sorry for the typo...

Here the message in *messages*:
run-hook-with-args-until-success: Symbol's function definition is void:
planner-annotation-from-man

Here the output from toggle-debug-on:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function
planner-annotation-from-man)
  planner-annotation-from-man()
  run-hook-with-args-until-success(planner-annotation-from-man)
  planner-create-task-from-buffer("test" "2009.04.02" "TaskPool" "_")
  call-interactively(planner-create-task-from-buffer nil nil)
  recursive-edit()
  byte-code(... lots of code which I can't copy-paste)

Muse: 3.12
Planner: 3.42

Renger

"Renger van Nieuwkoop" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi
> When I want to create a task from buffer I get the following error
> message: Symbol's function is void: planner-annotion-from-man.
> Any idea what is wrong  (I am an Emacs-newby using Emacs 23.0.6 on

Hm, is that spelled correctly? Wondering if that typo is in the code or
in your copying of the error message.

What versions of planner and muse are you using?

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer
http://wjsullivan.net/PlannerMode.html
GPG Key: AE8600B6

Re: Problem with create-task-from-buffer[WJS+muse]

John Sullivan-2
"Renger van Nieuwkoop" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Sorry for the typo...
>
> Here the message in *messages*:
> run-hook-with-args-until-success: Symbol's function definition is void:
> planner-annotation-from-man

Strange. What planner modules are you loading in your .emacs file?

Also, are you sure you don't have multiple copies of planner laying
around? Try M-x list-load-path-shadows to be sure?
planner-annotation-from-man is defined in planner.el...

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer
http://wjsullivan.net/PlannerMode.html
GPG Key: AE8600B6

Re: Problem withcreate-task-from-buffer[WJS+muse]

Renger van Nieuwkoop
Hi John
There are no shadows (only for timeclock, all the others I removed to no
avail).
I am loading the following things for planner (lines in my .emacs-file:

 '(muse-project-alist (quote (("WikiPlanner" ("D:/Daten/plans" :default
"index" :major-mode planner-mode :visit-link planner-visit-link)))))

     (add-to-list 'load-path
"c:/Programme/Emacs/emacs/site-lisp/planner")
     (add-to-list 'load-path
"c:/Programme/Emacs/emacs/site-lisp/remember")

(setq planner-project "WikiPlanner")
(setq muse-project-alist
'(("WikiPlanner"
("D:/Daten/plans"
 default "index"
 major-mode planner-mode
visit-link planner-visit-link)
)))
     (require 'planner)
     (require 'muse-wiki)
     (setq muse-wiki-allow-nonexistent-wikiword t)

(require 'remember-planner)
(require 'planner-id)
(require 'planner-cyclic)
(require 'planner-deadline)
(require 'planner-trunk)
(require 'planner-report)
(require 'planner-accomplishments)
;;(require 'planner-timeclock)
;;(require 'planner-timeclock-summary)
(require 'planner-report)
(require 'planner-rank)
(require 'planner-publish)
(require 'remember)
(require 'remember-planner)
(setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
(setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)
(setq planner-day-page-template "* Diary\n\n\n* Schedule\n\n\n*
Tasks\n\n\n* Notes")
(require 'planner-gnus)
(require 'planner-diary)
(require 'planner-multi)
(require 'planner-cyclic)
(planner-gnus-insinuate)
(planner-diary-insinuate)
(planner-calendar-insinuate)
(setq planner-directory "D:/Daten/plans/")

;; Automatically carry tasks 1 forward
(setq planner-carry-tasks-forward 1)

;; Open planner at start-up
(setq-default truncate-lines t)
(setq-default planner-use-task-numbers t)
(planner-install-extra-task-keybindings)
(planner-install-extra-context-keybindings)
;;
;; Diary-Calendar
;;
;;(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(add-hook 'list-diary-entries-hook 'sort-diary-entries t)
(setq diary-list-include-blanks t);; Tabs by default in spaces

Renger