Problem with large video packets

Uwe Zipf
Hello,

while experimenting with the video feature of linphone1.1.0
i get errors in the displayed image if the source is an
arm system (running linphonec with SDL usage removed). There
are many errors from the libavcodec about incorrect frame headers
and illegal vlc codes.
It works well between two PCs.
The only difference to a stream originating from the x86 systems
is the size of the RTP packets. It seems that the coding on the
arm is less efficient.

The source of the problem is the definition of MAX_RTP_SIZE to
5000 in the videostream.c. It is used to set the buffersize for
the incoming packets. If these get to big, the UDP packets are
cut off if bigger and the frame gets damaged.

I think the receiveable size should be the same as the sendable.
There is a definition for UDP_MAX_SIZE 65536 in rtp.h of the
oRTP library.

Best regards,
Uwe Zipf

Re: Problem with large video packets

Michael Frey
Uwe,

Thanks for the tip.  This helped me.  The other thing I needed to
change as well was the rtp_payload_size of the encoder context.  It
was way too small.  Video working great now!!!

Michael

On Nov 3, 2005, at 6:48 AM, Uwe Zipf wrote:

> Hello,
>
> while experimenting with the video feature of linphone1.1.0
> i get errors in the displayed image if the source is an
> arm system (running linphonec with SDL usage removed). There
> are many errors from the libavcodec about incorrect frame headers
> and illegal vlc codes.
> It works well between two PCs.
> The only difference to a stream originating from the x86 systems
> is the size of the RTP packets. It seems that the coding on the
> arm is less efficient.
>
> The source of the problem is the definition of MAX_RTP_SIZE to
> 5000 in the videostream.c. It is used to set the buffersize for
> the incoming packets. If these get to big, the UDP packets are
> cut off if bigger and the frame gets damaged.
>
> I think the receiveable size should be the same as the sendable.
> There is a definition for UDP_MAX_SIZE 65536 in rtp.h of the
> oRTP library.
>

> Best regards,
> Uwe Zipf

Re: Problem with large video packets

Simon Morlat

Thanks a lot for the analysis of the problem.
I 've set RTP_MAX_SIZE to UDP_MAX_SIZE.
I'm also pleased to know that video support could work on your systems.

Simon