Problems with CQ-M contest

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with CQ-M contest

SP3RXO
Hi all,
I'm trying to set tlf 1.4.1 for CQ-M Contest and either I'm doing
something wrong or tlf.
In this contest both Asia and Europe as Eurasia giving 2 points per QSO.
So in my rules file:

CONTINENTLIST=EU,AS
CONTINENT_LIST_POINTS=2
SHORT_SERIAL
COUNTRY_MULT
SERIAL_EXCHANGE

Efect: Tlf giving for both EU and AS stations 0 (zero) points. Bad.

I went on playing with rules file and I added USE_CONTINENT_LIST_ONLY
just for check:

CONTINENTLIST=EU,AS
CONTINENT_LIST_POINTS=2
USE_CONTINENT_LIST_ONLY
SHORT_SERIAL
COUNTRY_MULT
SERIAL_EXCHANGE

Now AS stations are worth 2 points (correct), but EU stations... -1
(minus 1 point).

Screen shot1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnbhzpnq1wdnqq2/cqm.png?dl=0
Screen shot2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/f59lr2c1y51ox3e/log.png?dl=0

Any ideas whats going wrong?

Thanks,
--
73!de
Slav, SP3RXO & EI2IDB
FISTS #19019
SOC #1251
SP CW Club

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with CQ-M contest

Thomas Beierlein-4
Hi,

you are right. After CQM changed their scoring rules we got a problem.
Thanks for pointing it out.

I did a quick check of the code. As it looks the CONTINENTLIST features
is not well thoughed out. It is used to control acceptance of countries
as multi and also to control the given points (but only if
USE_CONTINENTLIST_ONLY is set). There seems to be still some more
problems.

If USE_CONTINENTLIST_ONLY is set you have to give points to your own
continent with MY_CONTINENT_POINTS even if it is in the list (that
fixes the -1 for european stations).
But the downside is that other continents not in list will not scored
at all, neither for multi nor for points.

That means in current version there is no workable configuration for the
problem.

As for the coming contest:

- you can just set TWO_POINTS in the rules and accept that stations
  from continents beside EU and AS are counted wrong

- I will try to prepare a quickfix, but am not sure if I can make it in
  time.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

Am Thu, 7 May 2020 23:48:38 +0100
schrieb SP3RXO <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to set tlf 1.4.1 for CQ-M Contest and either I'm doing
> something wrong or tlf.
> In this contest both Asia and Europe as Eurasia giving 2 points per
> QSO. So in my rules file:
>
> CONTINENTLIST=EU,AS
> CONTINENT_LIST_POINTS=2
> SHORT_SERIAL
> COUNTRY_MULT
> SERIAL_EXCHANGE
>
> Efect: Tlf giving for both EU and AS stations 0 (zero) points. Bad.
>
> I went on playing with rules file and I added USE_CONTINENT_LIST_ONLY
> just for check:
>
> CONTINENTLIST=EU,AS
> CONTINENT_LIST_POINTS=2
> USE_CONTINENT_LIST_ONLY
> SHORT_SERIAL
> COUNTRY_MULT
> SERIAL_EXCHANGE
>
> Now AS stations are worth 2 points (correct), but EU stations... -1
> (minus 1 point).
>
> Screen shot1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnbhzpnq1wdnqq2/cqm.png?dl=0
> Screen shot2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/f59lr2c1y51ox3e/log.png?dl=0
>
> Any ideas whats going wrong?
>
> Thanks,



--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea
--


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with CQ-M contest / a 3rd way

Thomas Beierlein-4
There is another way to fix the problem but needs quite more work.

Write all countries from AS into an file and use it for COUNTRYLIST.
Set COUTNRY_LIST_POINTS to 2.

The format of the file should be:

contestname: cty1, cty2, cty3, ....

The line HAS to start with the contest name (CONTEST=....) and should
be no longer than 250 characters. If needed use additional lines (all
starting with the contestname).

Further set MY_COUNTRY_POINTS and MY_CONTINENT_POINTS to 2 and
DX_POINTS to 3.

That should work with the current implementation.

73, de Tom

Am Fri, 8 May 2020 09:56:55 +0200
schrieb Thomas Beierlein <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> you are right. After CQM changed their scoring rules we got a problem.
> Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> I did a quick check of the code. As it looks the CONTINENTLIST
> features is not well thoughed out. It is used to control acceptance
> of countries as multi and also to control the given points (but only
> if USE_CONTINENTLIST_ONLY is set). There seems to be still some more
> problems.
>
> If USE_CONTINENTLIST_ONLY is set you have to give points to your own
> continent with MY_CONTINENT_POINTS even if it is in the list (that
> fixes the -1 for european stations).
> But the downside is that other continents not in list will not scored
> at all, neither for multi nor for points.
>
> That means in current version there is no workable configuration for
> the problem.
>
> As for the coming contest:
>
> - you can just set TWO_POINTS in the rules and accept that stations
>   from continents beside EU and AS are counted wrong
>
> - I will try to prepare a quickfix, but am not sure if I can make it
> in time.
>
> 73, de Tom DL1JBE
>
> Am Thu, 7 May 2020 23:48:38 +0100
> schrieb SP3RXO <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm trying to set tlf 1.4.1 for CQ-M Contest and either I'm doing
> > something wrong or tlf.
> > In this contest both Asia and Europe as Eurasia giving 2 points per
> > QSO. So in my rules file:
> >
> > CONTINENTLIST=EU,AS
> > CONTINENT_LIST_POINTS=2
> > SHORT_SERIAL
> > COUNTRY_MULT
> > SERIAL_EXCHANGE
> >
> > Efect: Tlf giving for both EU and AS stations 0 (zero) points. Bad.
> >
> > I went on playing with rules file and I added
> > USE_CONTINENT_LIST_ONLY just for check:
> >
> > CONTINENTLIST=EU,AS
> > CONTINENT_LIST_POINTS=2
> > USE_CONTINENT_LIST_ONLY
> > SHORT_SERIAL
> > COUNTRY_MULT
> > SERIAL_EXCHANGE
> >
> > Now AS stations are worth 2 points (correct), but EU stations... -1
> > (minus 1 point).
> >
> > Screen shot1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnbhzpnq1wdnqq2/cqm.png?dl=0
> > Screen shot2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/f59lr2c1y51ox3e/log.png?dl=0
> >
> > Any ideas whats going wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,  
>
>
>



--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea
--


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with CQ-M contest / a 3rd way -- correction

Thomas Beierlein-4
Sorry there was something worng in my last mail.


Am Fri, 8 May 2020 10:21:43 +0200
schrieb Thomas Beierlein <[hidden email]>:

> Write all countries from AS into an file and use it for COUNTRYLIST.
> Set COUTNRY_LIST_POINTS to 2.
>
> The format of the file should be:
>
> contestname: cty1, cty2, cty3, ....
>
> The line HAS to start with the contest name (CONTEST=....) and should
> be no longer than 250 characters.

The following sentence is wrong. All countries must be on ONE line only.

> If needed use additional lines (all
> starting with the contestname).
>

73, Tom


--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea
--


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with CQ-M contest / a 3rd way -- correction

SP3RXO
Hi,
Thanks for the clarification.
Take your time, no rush here.
I will borrow from my wife a computer with this other operating system ;)

73!de
Slav, SP3RXO & EI2IDB
FISTS #19019
SOC #1251
SP CW Club

W dniu 08.05.2020 o 10:10, Thomas Beierlein pisze:

> Sorry there was something worng in my last mail.
>
>
> Am Fri, 8 May 2020 10:21:43 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Beierlein <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Write all countries from AS into an file and use it for COUNTRYLIST.
>> Set COUTNRY_LIST_POINTS to 2.
>>
>> The format of the file should be:
>>
>> contestname: cty1, cty2, cty3, ....
>>
>> The line HAS to start with the contest name (CONTEST=....) and should
>> be no longer than 250 characters.
>
> The following sentence is wrong. All countries must be on ONE line only.
>
>> If needed use additional lines (all
>> starting with the contestname).
>>
>
> 73, Tom
>
>