Profesional GSM modems like Wavecom

Pablo Reyes-2
Hi! I'm back :P

I use Gnokii and its very prowerfull (with 7 huawei modems), but many usb modems produces ramdom hardware problem (connect and disconnect).

For this reason, I plain move to a profesional solution for receive/sending SMS: Wavecom solutions like wavecom Q2403 (http://goo.gl/8wFQgS)

But, Gnokii or Gammu provides support for this type of devices? What is your recomendation?

Regards...

(I'm sorry for my bad English)

Re: Profesional GSM modems like Wavecom

Daniele Forsi-2

> For this reason, I plain move to a profesional solution for receive/sending
> SMS: Wavecom solutions like wavecom Q2403 (http://goo.gl/8wFQgS)

I think someone mentioned a similar device in the past but I can't
find it in the list archives

> But, Gnokii or Gammu provides support for this type of devices?

for gnokii and gammu it shouldn't make any difference if your
/dev/tty* ports come from 7 distinct USB ports (like in your current
setup) or from a single device/USB port, as long as the operating
system sees distinct and standard serial devices

gnokii has also support for multi-modem devices over Ethernet which
may need scripts to log in and out; those script are similar to PPP
scripts, for an example see Docs/sample/ppp/portech-login

> What is your recomendation?

find a developer's manual or detailed protocol information before
buying, or at least the contents of the CD with drivers

--
Daniele Forsi