Project status

Andy Balholm
What is the current status of the spamass-milter project? I see that a new release came out a couple of years ago (and the security bug that is still mentioned in the SpamAssassin documentation was fixed), but not much seems to be happening.

I am using it on my mail server and it seems to be working well.

Is it just that none of the project members has time available to tend to things like the issue tracker?

Andy

Re: Project status

Greg Troxel-2

Andy Balholm <[hidden email]> writes:

> What is the current status of the spamass-milter project? I see that a
> new release came out a couple of years ago (and the security bug that
> is still mentioned in the SpamAssassin documentation was fixed), but
> not much seems to be happening.
>
> I am using it on my mail server and it seems to be working well.
>
> Is it just that none of the project members has time available to tend
> to things like the issue tracker?

I had to go check to see if I was a project member or not...

I think it's a combination of it mostly works and people not paying
attention.

Re: Project status

Andy Balholm
The only real bug I’ve found is that the -a option is not documented on the man page. I’ve filed an issue now.

I’m pretty sure I saw an issue (with a patch, over 5 years old) for a feature that I want (arbitrary script to use with the -x option, instead of just sendmail -bv), but I can’t find it just now.

What the project desperately needs is someone to keep after the issue trackers: triage bugs, apply submitted patches, etc. Some PR work would be helpful too, like noting in the SpamAssassin wiki that the security hole has been patched. I would be willing to do some of this if I can get access.

Andy

Re: Project status

Andy Balholm
I have put a copy of the source (with my man page patch) at https://github.com/andybalholm/spamass-milter. Feel free to file issues and pull requests there. If/when we get the attention of a project member, the changes can be merged back into the official CVS repository.

Andy