[Query]: Server Mode

rohit yadav
Hi All,

I am new to stumpwm. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to run stumpwm in a server mode where the commands can be sent from a remote computer, similar to stumpwm colon but from a cli on a remote computer.

Thanks,
Rohit

Re: [Query]: Server Mode

Stefan Reichör
Hi Rohit,

you can use stumpish to interact with stumpwm from the shell on a local computer.
Using ssh allows to run stumpish on a remote computer as well.

You can find stumpish here:

https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm-contrib/blob/master/util/stumpish/stumpish

Stefan.

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to stumpwm. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to
> run stumpwm in a server mode where the commands can be sent from a
> remote computer, similar to stumpwm colon but from a cli on a remote
> computer.
>
> Thanks,
> Rohit

Re: [Query]: Server Mode

Alexey Abramov
Hi,

Or you can run sly/slime backend within your stumpwm, and connect to it
directly.

Alexey

On March 26, 2019 07:13:45 Stefan Reichör <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rohit,
>
> you can use stumpish to interact with stumpwm from the shell on a local
> computer.
> Using ssh allows to run stumpish on a remote computer as well.
>
> You can find stumpish here:
>
> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm-contrib/blob/master/util/stumpish/stumpish
>
> Stefan.
>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I am new to stumpwm. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to
>> run stumpwm in a server mode where the commands can be sent from a
>> remote computer, similar to stumpwm colon but from a cli on a remote
>> computer.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Rohit

Re: [Query]: Server Mode

rohit yadav
Thanks for the response. stumpish appears to be something I will in the short term. However, I need to learn about slime mode. I have started to get familiar with the lisp only recently through guix project. So, I would be grateful if you could point me to some working example where sly/slime backend is used to communicate to stump.

--Rohit

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 1:49 AM Alexey Abramov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Or you can run sly/slime backend within your stumpwm, and connect to it
directly.

Alexey

On March 26, 2019 07:13:45 Stefan Reichör <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rohit,
>
> you can use stumpish to interact with stumpwm from the shell on a local
> computer.
> Using ssh allows to run stumpish on a remote computer as well.
>
> You can find stumpish here:
>
> https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm-contrib/blob/master/util/stumpish/stumpish
>
> Stefan.
>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I am new to stumpwm. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to
>> run stumpwm in a server mode where the commands can be sent from a
>> remote computer, similar to stumpwm colon but from a cli on a remote
>> computer.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Rohit

Re: [Query]: Server Mode