Question on how to backup a grid of servers

Question on how to backup a grid of servers

Vinj Vinj
I have a compute farm which store sqlite db files on each compute node. I would like to backup the files to my nfs server. I have a couple of questions:

1. Backup multiple compute node dirs to the same director on the nfs server.
2. Have the rdiff program compress the file before backing it up

Any help would be appreciated.

VJ

Re: Question on how to backup a grid of servers

Ben Escoto

> I have a compute farm which store sqlite db files on each compute
> node. I would like to backup the files to my nfs server. I have a
> couple of questions:
>
> 1. Backup multiple compute node dirs to the same director on the nfs server.

You can only back up one input directory per repository directory.
But you could have multiple target directories in the same directory
of course, like

rdiff-backup host1::/dir /foo/host1
rdiff-backup host2::/dir /foo/host2
etc..

> 2. Have the rdiff program compress the file before backing it up

rdiff-backup uses compression by default.

--
Ben Escoto