RE: Re: Anchors and Lists and fileextensiondefaults---migrating from html and emacs-wiki

RE: Re: Anchors and Lists and fileextensiondefaults---migrating from html and emacs-wiki

Phillip Lord-2
Shawn Boyette wrote:
> On 10/24/05, Phillip Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It's basically a python "style sheet" engine.
>
> Please don't make this sort of thing the default behavior -- at least
> not for the XHTML publishing output. Those of us who prefer working
> with pure XHTML+CSS for layout and styling would prefer not to revert
> to the Bad Old Days of table-based layout.

I don't think that anyone was suggesting that. I have a standalone
style based on top of the html publishing style.

Phil

Allen Halsey wrote:

> Phillip Lord wrote:
>> It's basically a python "style sheet" engine. The obvious thing to
>> do, of course, we be to re-write the end functionality directly
>> into a muse publishing engine, but I haven't really got time
>> to do that at the moment. It's basically just a small extension to
>> the html mode.
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Phil
>>

> I'd be interesting in seeing your ".ht" publishing style too.

It's attached. I've also included a small hack that I wrote last
night which implements nested lists for muse. It only works on
unordered lists at the moment, and only for html (or derived)
styles.

Phil

muse-nested.el (2K) Download Attachment
muse-ht.el (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Re: Anchors and Lists and fileextensiondefaults---migrating from html and emacs-wiki

Allen Halsey-2
Phillip Lord wrote:

> Allen Halsey wrote:
>
>>Phillip Lord wrote:
>>
>>>It's basically a python "style sheet" engine. The obvious thing to
>>>do, of course, we be to re-write the end functionality directly
>>>into a muse publishing engine, but I haven't really got time
>>>to do that at the moment. It's basically just a small extension to
>>>the html mode.
>>>

>>>Cheers
>>>
>>>Phil
>>>

>>I'd be interesting in seeing your ".ht" publishing style too.
>>

> It's attached. I've also included a small hack that I wrote last
> night which implements nested lists for muse. It only works on
> unordered lists at the moment, and only for html (or derived)
> styles.
>
> Phil

Cool, thx.

Btw, for nested lists I currently do this:

  - Beatles
    <ul>
    - Yesterday
    - Revolution
    - Come Together
    </ul>

  - Who
    <ul>
    - The Real Me
    - Pure and Easy
    - Bargain
    </ul>

  - Police
    <ul>
    - Secret Journey
    - Too Much Information
    </ul>

Works pretty good, except only for publishing to html.

Also, I find it handy to nest examples within unordered lists like this:

  - C
    <example>
    #include <stdio.h>
    main() {
      printf( "Hello, world.\n" );
    }
    </example>

  - Java
    <example>
    static public void main(String[] args) {
      System.out.println("Hello, world.");
    }
    </example>

  - Ruby
    <example>
    puts "Hello, world."
    </example>

I have a little hack (from the mailing list) that removes the leading
indent from the examples.

Only thing is: a blank line within the example will terminate the
list item.  So, if I need a blank line within an example I put a
<nop> on it.

Allen