[REPOST, sort of] Can't use check-destination-dir with a destination that doesn't support fsync()'ing directories

[REPOST, sort of] Can't use check-destination-dir with a destination that doesn't support fsync()'ing directories

Charles Duffy-6
Please pardon the repost, but I haven't seen any replies in the last
five days on the relevant thread ("--check-destination-dir failage w/
1.0.4: Not running destination ability test?")

I'm not opposed to writing a patch for this issue myself, if some
guidance as to how it would be appropriately implemented were to be
provided. However, that guidance would indeed be appreciated.

I'm guessing that I'd want to call single_set_fs_globals() by way of
require_root_set() from CheckDest(), and then wrap the fsync call at the
end of regress.restore_orig_regfile() inside an if statement evaluating
Globals.fsync_directories. Is this accurate?