RFE - Global Layout

Barak Sason Rofman
Greetings everyone,

I want to bring up for discussion a proposition that I personally think may be very beneficial to the project.
This proposition involves modification in the DHT layer and the design and implementation of other distribution mechanism.
As of today, Gluster employs a per-directory layout mechanism. A different approach, Global Layout, might provide substantial benefits to the product.
I welcome all of you to share your news on the subject.

Thank you all.
--
Barak Sason Rofman

Gluster Storage Development

Red Hat Israel

34 Jerusalem rd. Ra'anana, 43501

bsasonro[hidden email]    T: +972-9-7692304
M: +972-52-4326355

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: RFE - Global Layout

Nag Pavan Chilakam
Hello Barak,
Firstly, thanks for your effort in trying to improve glusterfs performance, appreciate it.
Looks like you haven't given comment access to the google doc.
Anyways it is a better practice to capture comments in the git issue. I have put a comment there.
Maybe , you can add a note in the google doc, at the beginning saying reviewers to comment on the git issue  with the git-issue link.

regards,
nag pavan chilakam

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 12:31 PM Barak Sason Rofman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello Nag,
Thank you for looking into my proposal.

I've Included the GitHub link in the doc and also modified the for commenting - so we'll have both options. I've lso and commented on the GitHub issue.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

My regards,