Re: Axiom for Windows

Tim Daly
Axiom is distributed for Windows using Docker.
You can install docker here:
https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/install/#download-docker-for-windows

You can run Axiom using

   docker pull daly/axiom  (only needed the first time)
   docker run -i -t daly/axiom axiom

re: Maxima

Maxima is an excellent piece of software. I have no opinion about
whether it will fit your needs. From the changelog it appears that
there have been no changes since 2005:

https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog

Tim

C Y

Re: Axiom for Windows

C Y
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:36 PM, Tim Daly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maxima is an excellent piece of software. I have no
> opinion about whether it will fit your needs. From
> the changelog it appears that there have been no
> changes since 2005:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog

They switched to version-numbered change log files around then.  For example, the latest appears to be:

https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog-5.40.md

Cheers,
CY

Re: Axiom for Windows

Dr. M Kanagasabapathy
Thank you for your guidance.
From google I came to know Axiom is relatively powerful. But unfortunately installation on Windows platform is so difficult for novices.
My students feel that still installation of Axiom in windows is cumbersome and we have licensed Windows OS (both 7 & 8) only.
And parallel version friCAS has windows installation.
May I request is it possible to compile Axiom as .exe format for Windows with  single click installation like friCAS or wxMaxima so as Windows users can install it easily.
Regards,
Dr M Kanagasabapathy

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:44 AM, C Y <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:36 PM, Tim Daly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maxima is an excellent piece of software. I have no
> opinion about whether it will fit your needs. From
> the changelog it appears that there have been no
> changes since 2005:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog

They switched to version-numbered change log files around then.  For example, the latest appears to be:

https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog-5.40.md

Cheers,
CY

Re: Axiom for Windows

Tim Daly
Dr. Kanagasabapathy,

I am happy that you found a solution that fits your needs.

Tim

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 12:14 AM, C Y <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:36 PM, Tim Daly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maxima is an excellent piece of software. I have no
> opinion about whether it will fit your needs. From
> the changelog it appears that there have been no
> changes since 2005:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog

They switched to version-numbered change log files around then.  For example, the latest appears to be:

https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog-5.40.md

Cheers,
CY

Re: Axiom for Windows

Tim Daly
CY,

I have not been tracking Maxima so I did not notice the new method of
tracking changes. I did an insufficiently detailed search for the Maxima
changelog in response to the request. Mea Culpa.

Tim