Re-Compile glusterd1 and add it to the stack

Re-Compile glusterd1 and add it to the stack

David Spisla-3
Hello Gluster Devels,

I add a custom volume option to glusterd-volume-set.c . I could build my own RPMs but I don't want this, I only want to add new compiled glusterd to the stack. I tried it out to copy glusterd.so to /usr/lib64/glusterfs/x.x/xlator/mgmt . After this glusterd is running normally and I can create volumes but in the vol files my new option is not there and if I want to start the volume it failed.

It seems to be that I need to add some other files to the stack. Any idea?

Regards
David Spisla

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: Re-Compile glusterd1 and add it to the stack

Vijay Bellur-4
Hi David,

If the option is related to a particular translator, you would need to add that option in the options table of the translator and add code in glusterd-volgen.c to generate that option in the volfiles.

Would it be possible to share the code diff that you are trying out?

Regards,
Vijay

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 3:11 AM David Spisla <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello Vijay,
there is a patch file attached. You can see the code there. I oriented myself here:

As you can see there is no additional code in glusterd-volgen.c . Both glusterd-volgen.c and glusterd-volume.set.c will be compiled into glusterd.so .
Its still the problem, that my new option is not available if I only re-compile glusterd.so . Compiling and using the whole RPMs is working

It is not possible to re-compile glusterd.so ?

Regards
David Spisla

diff-option.patch (4K) Download Attachment