Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazukofs

John Ogness-10
On 2011-02-15, Tommy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Will there be a dazukofs release that supports the 2.6.38-3- generic
> Linux kernel? I believe the upcoming release of Ubuntu 11.04 will
> feature the 2.6.38-3 kernel.

It is not planned. For 2.6.38 you should switch to the official kernel
API for file access control: fanotify.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer

Re: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazukofs

errik
Yes, fanotify is a good choice. But fanotify not support  watch descendant directories.

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 11:26 +0800, errik wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
>        Here are some questions need your help.
>        As we know, fanotify is to replace inotify in current kernel.
> The problems are:
>        1. Can fanotify watch all the child directories recursively for
> one watched directory? Because inotify can't do this.

we can either watch:
1) a single inode
2) a directory and it's children (note: children, NOT descendants)
3) an entire mount point.
number 3 can be abused with bind mounting to watch descendants but takes
admin action and has some odd side effects...

>        2. Can fanotify block the file operations before fanotify send
> the event to application? Just do it like dazukofs.

Yes, for certain events this is possible (namely OPEN and READ)
-Eric