Re: [Gluster-users] du output showing corrupt file system

Re: [Gluster-users] du output showing corrupt file system

Jim Kinney
That's not necessarily a gluster issue. Users can create symlinks from a subdirectory up to a parent and that will create a loop.

On August 20, 2019 2:22:44 AM EDT, Amudhan P <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest what could be the error and to fix this issue?

regards
Amudhan P

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 6:59 PM Amudhan P <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Gluster version 3.10.1.

Mounting volume through fuse mount and I have run the command du -hs "directory" which holds many subdirectories.
some of the subdirectory given output with below message.

du: WARNING: Circular directory structure.
This almost certainly means that you have a corrupted file system.
NOTIFY YOUR SYSTEM MANAGER.
The following directory is part of the cycle:

what could be the issue or what should be done to fix this problem?

regards
Amudhan P

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: [Gluster-users] du output showing corrupt file system

Jim Kinney
Run the du command in the source space.

A symlink that uses relative pathing can turn into a problem on a new mount.

That said, I've seen "too many levels of linking" errors associated with the gfids dir .glusterfs and gfids of real dirs that are chained links to other dirs. It's still a user space symlink error. It's just compounded by gluster.

On August 21, 2019 3:49:45 AM EDT, Amudhan P <[hidden email]> wrote:
it is definitely issue with gluster there is no symlink involved.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 5:08 PM Jim Kinney <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Try running du not in the fuse mounted folder but in the folder on the server providing it.

On August 22, 2019 1:57:59 AM EDT, Amudhan P <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jim,

"du" command was run from fuse mounted volume. it's a single mount point.

Gluster should handle that issue right and I don't have any problem in accessing issue reported folders but only when running "du" command for the folder it throws error msg.

regards
Amudhan