Re: IOTA scoring in Xlog

Andy Stewart-2
On 11/22/2017 01:57 PM, Chris Clarke wrote:

> Hi
>

> Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to get Xlog to mark a QSO
> for an IOTA award. Searching through the menus is just driving me crazy
> - it appears to display QSOs that have been marked, but how on earth to
> mark it? Merely entering IOTA in the Awards field of a QSO won't do it.
>

> I am running v2.0.13
>

> 73 Chris
>
> G3SQU

HI Chris,

That's an old version....please update to 2.0.15.  You'll get ADIF3 and
FT8 support, and several bug fixes:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/xlog/xlog-2.0.15.tar.gz.sig

1) In the Settings->Dialogs and Windows->Scoring tab, enable "IOTA" at
the bottom of that window.

2) Enable the display of the scoring window by the Options->Scoring
Window menu.

3) Menu Tools->Awards->IOTA

4) Tools->Log Editor show the Awards Field

5) When entering a QSO, enter the IOTA in the awards field as
IOTA-xx-yyy where xx is the continent and yyy is the number, e.g.
IOTA_AF-073, or IOTA-NA-075.

73,

Andy

--