Re: Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏

Layers Incorporation
I have done so but still no luck, therefore the files are attached

pkgcfg_sndfile.txt (44 bytes) Download Attachment
dir_freesw.txt (24K) Download Attachment

Re: Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏

Ceresa Jean-Jacques

Hi,

As mentioned by Tom it is the sndfile.pc that is wrong. It must be corrected as this:

Libs: -L${libdir} -llibsndfile-1

Library name should be original name from Mega-Nerd:

D:\Freesw\lib\libsndfile-1.lib

Shared library name should be original name from Mega-Nerd:

D:\Freesw\lib\libsndfile-1.dll

Have a good rendering.

jjc

> Message du 10/06/19 21:43
> De : "Layers Incorporation" <[hidden email]>
> A : [hidden email]
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [fluid-dev] Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏

I have done so but still no luck, therefore the files are attached

> [ pkgcfg_sndfile.txt (0.0 Ko) ]
> [ dir_freesw.txt (24.1 Ko) ]

Re: Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏

Tom M.
> Library name should be original name from Mega-Nerd: \Freesw\lib\libsndfile-1.lib

That doesn't work for me. I have to make the small change in the
sndfile.pc AND rename libsndfile-1.lib to sndfile-1.lib . But once
this is done it compiles successfully with both, mingw and
VisualStudio. Note that there is no other *.lib in C:\freesw\lib which
has a "lib" prefix in its filename, so sndfile-1.lib seems more
correct to me.

> I have done so but still no luck, therefore the files are attached

Your file structure looks correct to me as well as the linker flags by
pkg-config. So, provided that you did download the x64 version of
sndfile, I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas. Sry.

Tom

Re: Using fluidsynth from the CMD‏‏

Ceresa Jean-Jacques

>That doesn't work for me. I have to make the small change in the
>sndfile.pc AND rename libsndfile-1.lib to sndfile-1.lib . But once
>this is done it compiles successfully with both, mingw and
>VisualStudio.

good news.

>Note that there is no other *.lib in C:\freesw\lib which
>has a "lib" prefix in its filename, so sndfile-1.lib seems more
>correct to me.

Yes, it leads less confusing as far that we can also rename libsndfile-1.dll to sndfile-1.dll without any issues (i.e "missing dll warning") when lauching fluidsynth.exe.

>I tried to do so yet it still got the same problem.

Now, I am loss and dont' know if your problem is a "build" problem or a "fluidsynth execution" problem ?.

Note that if you are only interested by fluidsynth binaries, it should still possible to grab binaries artifacts from GitHub.

jjc.