Re: cygwin fsyncing again

Marcus Williams
[apols for breaking thread - only just subscribed]

Hi -

I've been trying to get rdiff-backup working under cygwin as well. I get
the same problems as you see. From what I can see fsync works under
windows/cygwin but doesnt work when the file is open read only:

So this doesnt work:

echo testing > fsync-testfile
python -c 'import os; os.fsync(os.open("fsync-testfile", os.O_RDONLY))'
rm fsync-testfile

but this does:

echo testing > fsync-testfile
python -c 'import os; os.fsync(os.open("fsync-testfile", os.O_RDWR))'
rm fsync-testfile

HTH

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams -- http://www.cad-schroer.co.uk
CAD Schroer UK, 39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, UK

Re: cygwin fsyncing again

Ben Escoto

> I've been trying to get rdiff-backup working under cygwin as well. I get
> the same problems as you see. From what I can see fsync works under
> windows/cygwin but doesnt work when the file is open read only:
>
> So this doesnt work:
>
> echo testing > fsync-testfile
> python -c 'import os; os.fsync(os.open("fsync-testfile", os.O_RDONLY))'
> rm fsync-testfile
>
> but this does:
>
> echo testing > fsync-testfile
> python -c 'import os; os.fsync(os.open("fsync-testfile", os.O_RDWR))'
> rm fsync-testfile
The devel version tries to fsync RDWR if RDONLY fails, you may want to
test with that.

--
Ben Escoto