Re: delete or rename a page

Michael Olson-2
ecocode <[hidden email]> writes:

> How can I delete a muse planner page ? This should delete the file,
> but also remove all tasks from referenced pages.
>
> And how can I rename a page ? This should also modify the references
> in all referenced tasks on other pages.

Neither of these have been implemented yet.

In the case of deletion, it might be best to have Planner prompt whether
to remove the tasks, reassign them to a different page, or leave them
unassigned to any page.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |

Re: delete or rename a page

Sebastian P.Luque
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:25:53 -0400,
Michael Olson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ecocode <[hidden email]> writes:
>> How can I delete a muse planner page ? This should delete the file,
>> but also remove all tasks from referenced pages.

>> And how can I rename a page ? This should also modify the references
>> in all referenced tasks on other pages.

> Neither of these have been implemented yet.

I was just looking for ways to do this when I found this post.  Are
there any news on this front?  Thanks.

--
Seb

Re: delete or rename a page

John Sullivan-2
"Sebastian P. Luque" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I was just looking for ways to do this when I found this post.  Are
> there any news on this front?  Thanks.

Not yet, but getting closer to reality :).

There's an entry for it in our tracker at http://gna.org/p/planner-el if
you want to keep an eye on it.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer

Re: delete or rename a page

Sebastian P.Luque
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:42:36 -0400,
John Sullivan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Sebastian P. Luque" <[hidden email]> writes:
>> I was just looking for ways to do this when I found this post.  Are
>> there any news on this front?  Thanks.

> Not yet, but getting closer to reality :).

> There's an entry for it in our tracker at http://gna.org/p/planner-el
> if you want to keep an eye on it.

Thanks John, I'll definitely check up on it!

Cheers,

--
Seb

Sync. Planner @home and @office

Jody Klymak-2

To resurrect a dead thread...

I recently bundled rsync into my save and "plan" steps, and keep it
all on a separate machine.  Note this requires the ssh keys to be set
up properly on the host machine so that you don't need to enter the
password.

(defvar planner-syncloc "mymachine.ca:/Users/jklymak/.planstor/");
(defun planner-sync-put () (interactive) (shell-command-to-string
(concat "rsync -av " planner-directory " " planner-syncloc)))
(defun planner-sync-get () (interactive) (shell-command-to-string
(concat "rsync -av " planner-syncloc "/Plans/ " planner-directory
"/" )))
Then I rebind the save keystrokes in planner mode to:

(defun jmk-planner-save-buffers ()
    "Update a note if we are on a note. Run planner-save-buffers."
    (interactive)
    (save-excursion (save-window-excursion (planner-update-note)
(planner-save-buffers)
    (planner-sync-put))))

(define-key planner-mode-map [?\C-x ?\C-s] 'jmk-planner-save-buffers)

and have a function that I call instead of "plan"
(defun jmkplan ()
   (interactive)
(planner-sync-get) (icalendar-convert-all) (plan))

So far things seem to be working quite well.  If there is a conflict,
however, things will not merge nicely.  I probably should make rsync
backup as well to avoid losing data.

http://saturna.seos.uvic.ca/~jklymak/OsxPlanner.html

Cheers,  Jody

--