Re: disk space

Michael Jones

Time for an upgrade of disk space on my nodes, if anyone is interested in the usage over time, here's a 6month graph;

zabbix,
      disk usage

Re: disk space

Kristian Fiskerstrand-6
On 01/20/2018 04:07 PM, Michael Jones wrote:
> Time for an upgrade of disk space on my nodes, if anyone is interested
> in the usage over time, here's a 6month graph;

I'd expect this isn't without set_flags               DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
in DB_CONFIG, i.e you can purge some archived DB files using db*_archive?

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand

Re: disk space

Paul Fontela

Hi All,

Checked, I went from 118G in /var/lib/sks/KDB/ to 3GB after adding the DB_CONFIG file inside the KDB folder.
More than 11,000 files have been deleted log.00000xxxxxx.

cd /var/lib/sks/KDB
nano DB_CONFIG
add this line "set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE"
save file DB_CONFIG
restart service sks

et voilà, 115 GB of free space

regards
Paul Fontela

El 20/01/2018 a las 18:53, Kristian Fiskerstrand escribió:
On 01/20/2018 04:07 PM, Michael Jones wrote:
Time for an upgrade of disk space on my nodes, if anyone is interested
in the usage over time, here's a 6month graph;

I'd expect this isn't without set_flags               DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
in DB_CONFIG, i.e you can purge some archived DB files using db*_archive?

Paul Fontela
keyserver.ispfontela.es 11370 # Paul Fontela [hidden email] 0x31743FFC33E746C5

0x33E746C5.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: disk space

Shengjing Zhu
Hi Paul,

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 07:01:19PM +0100, Paul Fontela wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Checked, I went from 118G in /var/lib/sks/KDB/ to 3GB after adding the
> DB_CONFIG file inside the KDB folder.
> More than 11,000 files have been deleted log.00000xxxxxx.

Just want to confirm your KDB directory is 3GB? I setup a new server
today, and I see it's 20GB.

BR,
Shengjing Zhu

Re: disk space

Kristian Fiskerstrand-6

[Sent from my iPad, as it is not a secured device there are no cryptographic keys on this device, meaning this message is sent without an OpenPGP signature. In general you should *not* rely on any information sent over such an unsecure channel, if you find any information controversial or un-expected send a response and request a signed confirmation]

> On 22 Apr 2018, at 12:18, Shengjing Zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
>> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 07:01:19PM +0100, Paul Fontela wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Checked, I went from 118G in /var/lib/sks/KDB/ to 3GB after adding the
>> DB_CONFIG file inside the KDB folder.
>> More than 11,000 files have been deleted log.00000xxxxxx.
>>

> Just want to confirm your KDB directory is 3GB? I setup a new server
> today, and I see it's 20GB.

Possible difference is fastbuild vs normalbuild.. for fastbuild only references since dump is kept so if dump is recent enough not too many changes.

> BR,
> Shengjing Zhu

Re: disk space

Paul Fontela

Hello everyone

confirmed,

I used option 1 when executing /usr/local/bin/sks_build.sh

         1 - fastbuild
             only an index of the keypad is created and the keypad can not be removed.

This is the current size of the important SKS folders

du -sh /var/lib/sks/dump/

        9,9G    /var/lib/sks/dump/

du -sh /var/lib/sks/KDB/

        2,9G    /var/lib/sks/KDB/

All I did was add the DB_CONFIG file inside the KDB folder and restart the SKS service, after a few moments all the logs disappeared and there is only one currently.

The content of the DB_CONFIG archo is:
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

regards

Paul Fontela

El 23/04/2018 a las 17:47, Kristian Fiskerstrand escribió:

[...]

a.0.keysnode.ispfontela.es	11370	# Paul Fontela Gmail [hidden email] 0x3D7FCDA03AAD46F1

0x31743FFC33E746C5.asc (2K) Download Attachment